Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How realistic was it for JTR to disguise himself as a PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>JTR didn't kill Stride her pimp did.<<

That's pretty ground breaking information!

Can I ask who was her pimp and how do you know she was a full time prostitute in 1888, or even a casual one for that matter?

dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Comment

Same way anyone knows anything about this subject by reading about it; your using the classic cliche Ripper rebuttal, you know damn well that anything Ripper can be challenged and that nothing can be proven. You guys so over use the word "conjecture" that it has become a meaningless rebuttal! -- But with that said, it doesn't matter if he was her pimp or boy friend, or long lost brother, what does matter, and what was my point, despite your attempt to distract from it, is that no serial killer looks a possible witness in the face and then still takes the risk of killing that victim.

Comment

Why kill the goose that lays the golden egg?
        That's no way to run a business.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
          A lot of the Policeman were very familiar on their beat and someone new showing up without an introduction probably wasn't the done thing. I can imagine Pearly Poll after a night out going up to a newby and in her loud voice shouting "ohh you're a new boy aren't ya? "Like ya uniform" wink wink nudge nudge.
          Beat Constables were rotated within their sections on a 10 to 12 month rota. This to avoid familiarity.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

>>Same way anyone knows anything about this subject by reading about it; your using the classic cliche Ripper rebuttal, you know damn well that anything Ripper can be challenged and that nothing can be proven. <<

You made a statement, I asked a question, you avoided answering it, which is , I guess, in itself the answer.

There is not a shred of evidence that Mrs Stride had a pimp, so why state it is a fact?.

>>-- But with that said, it doesn't matter if he was her pimp or boy friend, or long lost brother, what does matter, and what was my point, despite your attempt to distract from it, is that no serial killer looks a possible witness in the face and then still takes the risk of killing that victim.<<

Assuming that Schwartz story was accurate, which at least one newspaper cast doubt on. Assuming that the "Broad shoulders" man was the killer, which the police reports cast doubt on. Your claim falls triply apart with, Lawende, Levy and Harris, not mention Long and Hutchinson or Best and Gardener, how about Packer, and of course PC's Andrews and Smith?

In fact, if someone wanted to start speculating, they might say that committing murders after being seen by witnesses was jtr's modus operani. But where does all this get us?

Speculation is fine if you clearly state it as such. But this feild is cursed with people that "know". Your post #1 one was fine. Your post number #15 was unhelpful.
            dustymiller
            aka drstrange

Comment

Whoops, apologizes for the spelling mistakes!
              dustymiller
              aka drstrange

Comment

The Ripper. then probably didn't dress or act like a Policeman, but depending on what was going on in his head, he either made it his business to know where Policemen would be whilst he was out on the prowl so he did not get caught or he wasn't too fussed and was thinking "If I get caught, I get caught".

Comment

So JTR dressed up in one uniform for the Stride murder and then donned another one for Eddowes?

Is this an example of a helpful post; should I emulate this?

Comment

Originally posted by APerno View Post
                    So JTR dressed up in one uniform for the Stride murder and then donned another one for Eddowes?

Is this an example of a helpful post; should I emulate this?
                    I still think that Jack may have changed hats during the murders, but I'm not sure about a complete change of clothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Busy Beaver View Post
                      I still think that Jack may have changed hats during the murders, but I'm not sure about a complete change of clothing.
                      There is some evidence for this;

Pall Mall Gazette 11 Sept
                      "When this man [Piser] was apprehended Detective Inspector Thicke took possession of five sharp long-bladed knives - which, however, are used by men in Pizer's trade (that of boot finisher) - and also several old hats. With reference to the latter, several women who stated they were acquainted with the prisoner, alleged he had been in the habit of wearing different hats."

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

There is some evidence for this;

Pall Mall Gazette 11 Sept
                        "When this man [Piser] was apprehended Detective Inspector Thicke took possession of five sharp long-bladed knives - which, however, are used by men in Pizer's trade (that of boot finisher) - and also several old hats. With reference to the latter, several women who stated they were acquainted with the prisoner, alleged he had been in the habit of wearing different hats."
                        Interesting, but I might make two observations:

1. That statement doesn't mean he switched hats in a short timescale; it could simply mean (e.g.) that he wore different hats on alternate days of the week.

2. Changing a hat isn't the same as changing one's entire getup nor, in the cases of "Schwartz-man" vs "Lawende-man", one's build and moustache
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Interesting, but I might make two observations:

1. That statement doesn't mean he switched hats in a short timescale; it could simply mean (e.g.) that he wore different hats on alternate days of the week.

2. Changing a hat isn't the same as changing one's entire getup nor, in the cases of "Schwartz-man" vs "Lawende-man", one's build and moustache
                          True enough!

On the subject of hats, I'm sure I read one report that said Leather Apron wore a double peaked deerstalker, but can't find it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

I'm sure I read one report that said Leather Apron wore a double peaked deerstalker
                            I bet he didn't know which way to turn
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

The answer at last?
                              The magnificent Tommy Cooper performs this brilliant hat routine... classic comedy from an undisputed genius!!

Comment

"Ha!...jus' like that...."
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X