Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    PC Jack O'Lantern

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Magicians never explain their tricks to an audience.
    Ah, so is Jack the magician, or Simon?

Leave a comment:

• Rob1n
    replied
    Originally posted by John G View Post
    A plain clothes officer would be a DC, not a PC.
    Well, I read somewhere that some PCs were in plain clothes, possibly caused by a shortage of DCs? Anyway, does it matter whether they were PC or DC?

Leave a comment:

• John G
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob1n View Post
    Not necessarily, there were plenty of plain clothes Police around, and if he were a Policeman in plain clothes, he'd also have issue equipment, whistle, truncheon, lamp etc.
    A plain clothes officer would be a DC, not a PC.

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Not necessarily, there were plenty of plain clothes Police around, and if he were a Policeman in plain clothes, he'd also have issue equipment, whistle, truncheon, lamp etc.
    No he wouldn’t.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Magicians never explain their tricks to an audience.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    So, was it the magic hat, or the Aladdins Lamp that made Jack invisible to passers-by?

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Jack wore a magic hat fitted with Aladdin's Lamp, which allowed him to see clearly in the dark without being visible to passers-by.

QED.

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
    Hey! You guys would make a good team.
    I missed that one actually, lol.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Nelson
    replied
    Hey! You guys would make a good team.

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    Good point. I forgot about this one. Drafting in more officers and plainclothes could have had the opposite effect of catching JtR and instead introduced him onto the streets more often, with more cover. JtR on the beat looking for himself.

Leave a comment:

• Rob1n
    replied
    How did jtr see in the dark?

Originally posted by John G View Post
    But if he was a PC, he surely wouldn't be in uniform?

Leave a comment:

• Batman
    replied
    I suppose if JtR did murder in total darkness, we would have witnesses claiming that it was so dark they couldn't really see anything.

Tabram is one.

Nichols is another.

Chapman, we don't know because it was the morning.

Stride is another.

Eddowes is debatable.

Kelly is a non-debate because it was indoors with a fire.

In a way, Kelly could be the measure of how light conditions constrained JtR. He wasn't very constrained here and his escalation is clear. Yet does he display much difference than if things weren't lit? I don't know about that. He did work the heart out by going through the upper ribs. You wouldn't expect that from a smash and grab but I also understand that he was picking at the upper ribs so could have sliced down from there.

Still, with all that light was he any more skillful then when in the dark?

Leave a comment:

• packers stem
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    He was very familiar with the square, and intelligent enough to make any necessary adjustments for (decidedly non-Blackpool) bullseye lamps, if required.Whether he had or not, it wouldn't have affected his judgment to the extent that he couldn't tell the difference between pitch darkness and workable light.
    You stick with your inexperienced GP who didn't see the square at the appropriate time .
    I see it's important to you
    In the same way as I'll stick with reliable publications like the Times and Lancet ahead of the Sunday People

Leave a comment:

Working...
X