Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    Hi Trev

Lloyds Weekly 3rd March 1895

From the report of the Worship Street hearing:
    Mr Hubert Rutier (sic) house surgeon of London Hospital, deposed to the nature of the injury, which was an internal wound, serious, but not dangerous
    Jon
    I am not trying to prove a point here, I am merely saying that an internal wound could be caused by stabbing the abdomen, the report leads me away from the vagina being targeted otherwise that might have been mentioned in the report.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      In 1883, a woman named Elizabeth Alston was found dead in a pool of her own blood in Preston. The post-mortem determined she had been 'horribly outraged' by a blunt instrument.

It turned out that the culprit was a man named Thomas Riley, with whom she had been drinking, and who was seen leaving her house on the night of her murder.

Now, if saucy Jack had turned up in the next street and committed one of his trade mark disembowellments, some people would calling for Riley's conviction to be overturned.
      You obviously refuse to understand the geographic importance, time and victimology of Smith and Tabram, as additional reasons to why they are JtR victims.

You are 210 miles off.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
        No, I am saying that a truncheon with a rounded end with a smooth surface would not cause the kind of damage inflicted on her

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        Trevor a truncheon meets the criteria for her wound much better than a knife does.

Medical investigation by the duty surgeon, Dr G. H. Hillier, revealed that a blunt object had been inserted into her vagina, rupturing her peritoneum.

BTW, a truncheon also has a handle end. Rupturing means pushing against it so that it fails by splitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
          You obviously refuse to understand the geographic importance, time and victimology of Smith and Tabram, as additional reasons to why they are JtR victims.

You are 210 miles off.
          And you obviously didn't read my post carefully enough.

Comment

Trevor a truncheon meets the criteria for her wound much better than a knife does.

Medical investigation by the duty surgeon, Dr G. H. Hillier, revealed that a blunt object had been inserted into her vagina, rupturing her peritoneum.

BTW, a truncheon also has a handle end. Rupturing means pushing against it so that it fails by splitting.
            Not a 'stab' then?

Glad you've finally accepted that. Perhaps you can now explain to us how you are so certain that Smith's killer would have been 'covered in blood'. According to you, that was such an unpleasant experience that when he cut Tabram's lower part and it started to bleed he desisted. And that explains why a 'lust' murderer neglected his victim's genitalia.

All sounds perfectly reasonable. 😉

Comment

And you obviously didn't read my post carefully enough.
              You mean your hypothetical IF JtR murdered up the road from that incident?

He didn't. So there is no comparison to this hot zone one bit.

Comment

Not a 'stab' then?

Glad you've finally accepted that. Perhaps you can now explain to us how you are so certain that Smith's killer would have been 'covered in blood'. According to you, that was such an unpleasant experience that when he cut Tabram's lower part and it started to bleed he desisted. And that explains why a 'lust' murderer neglected his victim's genitalia.

All sounds perfectly reasonable. ��
                Glad you accept it. Obviously, the chronology of escalation for JtR works here and the fact this wasn't just a common gang-related incident throws up red flags at person's trying to explain it away as such.

There is simply no evidence gangs were attacking woman's genitalia or that it was commonplace there, let alone Whitechapel, let alone London, let alone Great Britain.

That is why these sexual homicides are rare and is why the coincidence argument (the easy explanation out of any connection you wish and gosh isn't it played soooo many times around here) doesn't have much explanatory power if any at all.

Comment

You mean your hypothetical IF JtR murdered up the road from that incident?

He didn't. So there is no comparison to this hot zone one bit.
                  But if he had, you would insist the two murders were by the same person.

Comment

There is simply no evidence gangs were attacking woman's genitalia or that it was commonplace there, let alone Whitechapel, let alone London, let alone Great Britain.
                    Nobody's suggesting that. What's so difficult about seeing this as a one-off, spur-of-the-moment incident? It doesn't take a budding serial killer to come up with the idea of shoving a blunt object into a woman's vagina, and it's hardly original or unique.
                    That is why these sexual homicides are rare
                    It's dubious whether the assault on Smith was even a homicide in the first place, as opposed to an instance of manslaughter. In fact, it looks very much like the latter; if you WANT to kill someone, you don't do so by poking a stick (or whatever) into her vagina.
                    and is why the coincidence argument (the easy explanation out of any connection you wish and gosh isn't it played soooo many times around here) doesn't have much explanatory power if any at all.
                    Has it occurred to you that the "Jack did it" argument is an easy, and all-too-convenient, explanation in its own right?
                    Last edited by Sam Flynn; 10-26-2018, 03:40 AM.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Glad you accept it. Obviously, the chronology of escalation for JtR works here and the fact this wasn't just a common gang-related incident throws up red flags at person's trying to explain it away as such.

That is why these sexual homicides are rare and is why the coincidence argument (the easy explanation out of any connection you wish and gosh isn't it played soooo many times around here) doesn't have much explanatory power if any at all.
                      Nor is there any evidence to say a gang might not have committed such an attack.

Show me a couple of eviscerations in the same area and close in time and I'm with you that the likelihood is that they were committed by the same man. Show me an assault with a blunt instrument, a blitz knife attack, and subsequent murders involving throat-cutting and various degrees of evisceration and I say the jury's out, even if they are in the same area/time. And if you add in the evidence of one of the victims saying she was attacked by a group of men - a gang in an area where gangs were known to target vulnerable women - and she goes to the bottom of list, swiftly followed by the victim of the knife attack whose genitalia were of no interest to her killer.

Comment

Nor is there any evidence to say a gang might not have committed such an attack.

Show me a couple of eviscerations in the same area and close in time and I'm with you that the likelihood is that they were committed by the same man. Show me an assault with a blunt instrument, a blitz knife attack, and subsequent murders involving throat-cutting and various degrees of evisceration and I say the jury's out, even if they are in the same area/time. And if you add in the evidence of one of the victims saying she was attacked by a group of men - a gang in an area where gangs were known to target vulnerable women - and she goes to the bottom of list, swiftly followed by the victim of the knife attack whose genitalia were of no interest to her killer.
                        Nichols
                        Chapman
                        Eddowes
                        Kelly

Chapman and Kelly would be the closest.

Tabram is even closer still.

Your question tells me you are not thinking straight about this at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          Nobody's suggesting that. What's so difficult about seeing this as a one-off, spur-of-the-moment incident?
                          You mean the same excuse you give for Tabram. Another spur-of-the-moment incident.

You can't answer and haven't answered the criteria problem that you have with your 'spur-of-the-moment' gang attack on Smith or 'spur-of-moment' attack on Tabram by an angry punter.

You can't segregate the evidence you have from a Lust murderer, first of all.

Puncturing someone who can bleed out and die from the puncture is a homicide. In this case, a sexual assault, making it a sexual homicide.

Your argument of 'spur-of-moment' sex assaults can be applied to Nichols, Chapman, Stride, Eddowes, Kelly... any of them. Just one a little more angry than the other in your model which has no restricting factors here at all.

There is simply ZERO evidence that these types of sex assaults were common in that area, let alone Whitechapel, let alone London, let alone GB.

Even Mr.Barnett had to go to Lancashire, several years earlier to an attack. 210 miles away and no other attacks around... except several years later this CLUSTER ATTACK of unfortunates within a few months.

Comment

Nichols
                            Chapman
                            Eddowes
                            Kelly

Not in terms of what actually happened to her, she isn't.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

You mean the same excuse you give for Tabram. Another spur-of-the-moment incident.
                              No more an excuse than "Jack must have done it".
                              You can't answer and haven't answered the criteria problem that you have with your 'spur-of-the-moment' gang attack on Smith or 'spur-of-moment' attack on Tabram by an angry punter.
                              I don't have any problem with either. They were very different incidents that occurred months apart.
                              You can't segregate the evidence you have from a Lust murderer
                              Was the fact that her assailants took her money beforehand a "lust robbery", then?
                              Puncturing someone who can bleed out and die from the puncture is a homicide.
                              That's not a means of guaranteeing death, however. I'm happy with manslaughter.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Nichols
                                Chapman
                                Eddowes
                                Kelly

Your question tells me you are not thinking straight about this at all.
                                I didn't ask a question.

You seem to be focussing on location and ignoring the nature of the injuries.

How can something be even closer than the closest? What on earth are you rambling on about?

You also say you don't exclude Millwood and yet Smith is the earliest. So presumably Millwood was earlier than the earliest?

Comment

Working...
                                X