Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Series' is your word, not theirs.

They include all the victims in Scotland Yard's Whitechapel Murders file, and suggest their readers decide for themselves which of the murders were by the same killer.

Your post implies the authors support your theory that Smith was a Ripper victim. It's your usual trick of twisting the facts to support your argument.

I see you're up to date with Ripper literature. CSI Whitechapel was first published in 2012, wasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      'Series' is your word, not theirs.

They include all the victims in Scotland Yard's Whitechapel Murders file, and suggest their readers decide for themselves which of the murders were by the same killer.

Your post implies the authors support your theory that Smith was a Ripper victim. It's your usual trick of twisting the facts to support your argument.

I see you're up to date with Ripper literature. CSI Whitechapel was first published in 2012, wasn't it?
      "Your post implies"...

In short, it doesn't say what you want it to say, so you make up what you want me to say.

Writing off Emma Smith, as you would like, ends up with Emma Smith not been written off. Talking about JtR crimes without Tabram and without Smith is in today's JtR true crime 'twisting the facts'.

Walter Dew, of H division, who was there throughout the ripper murders, thought her a victim of JtR, that is why she is there, as well as Tabram. So some investigators at the time thought she was. Your revisionism only accepts those investigators that didn't and tries to sell a coincidence of sexual homicides in the same few hundred meter area.

Do you subscribe to this little area of Whitechapel being a *special* place also where similar sexual homicides as just commonplace and the media just hyped one or two them?
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
        Your revisionism only accepts those investigators that didn't and tries to sell a coincidence of sexual homicides in the same few hundred meter area.
        Hold on... MrBarnett is the revisionist here???
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• The New Ripperology summed up in a Socratic dialogue:

"Someone got stabbed with a knife!" - "It's Jack the Ripper!"
          "Someone got raped with a stick!" - "It's Jack the Ripper!"
          "Someone 'ad 'er 'ead and limbs cut off!" - "It's Jack the Ripper!"
          "Someone 'ad 'er throat cut!" - "It's Jack the Ripper!"
          "Someone got murdered in Spitalfields!" - "It's Jack the Ripper!"
          "Someone got murdered in London!" - "It's Jack the Ripper!"
          "But the details are very different" - "Doesn't matter, because they're all sexually motivated homicides"
          "Are they?" - "Yes"
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• To claim that Emma Smith was a Ripper victim is ‘shoehorning’ pure and simple.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Does Smith's mention of more than one assailant mean she was attacked once by two or more men,or attacked more than once by by a single assailant each time?

Comment

Just got my copy of CSI: Jack the Ripper by Begg and Bennett.

Low and behold they start of the series with...

Emma Smith.
                I bought this book sometime ago. It's one of my favourite books on the subject, particularly the excellent illustrations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  It could have been simpler still, and not premeditated. If, as is likely, Smith had been set upon by a group of young ruffians, this could have been a case of something that started as a spur-of-the-moment mugging, but spiralled rapidly out of control.
                  Do two people constitute a "group of young ruffians?" And didn't Smith only estimate the age of one of her attackers?

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                    Does Smith's mention of more than one assailant mean she was attacked once by two or more men,or attacked more than once by by a single assailant each time?
                    This is the inquest testimony of the surgeon George Haslip, who tended to Smith at the hospital after the attack, and who spoke to her while she could still communicate:

"The deceased told him that at half past 1 that morning she was passing near Whitechapel Church when she noticed some men coming towards her. She crossed the road to avoid them, but they followed, assaulted her, took all the money she had, and then committed the outrage. She was unable to say what kind of instrument was used, nor could she describe her assailants, except that she said that one was a youth of 19."

Two or more men. One attack.

Comment

• I'll have to go back to Tom Westcott's book when I get chance, but it does seem that there were inconsistencies in the various accounts.

She couldn't say how many people were involved in the actual assault, apart from it was at least two.

Comment

• This is from Walter Dew's memoirs, expressing a belief that Smith was a Ripper victim: https://www.casebook.org/ripper_medi...walterdew.html

Comment

• Originally posted by John G View Post
                          Do two people constitute a "group of young ruffians?"
                          Has it been ascertained that there were only two?
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• I have been considering that a police constables truncheon is the weapon that was inserted into her to cause the damage and would explain why she/they are afraid to reveal the culprit.
                            Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

I have been considering that a police constables truncheon is the weapon that was inserted into her to cause the damage and would explain why she/they are afraid to reveal the culprit.
                              'Stabbed' with a truncheon?

Unique in the annals of crime. Must be the ripper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                                Various sources on casebook and forums which describe either slashing or stabbing the abdomen. What is yours to show otherwise

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                                Good Morning Trevor

Glasgow Herald Feb 12th 1895:
                                Although the charge sheet defines the charge as wounding in the abdomen, it is said that the wound is internal and of serious character.

Comment

Working...
                                X