Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same motive = same killer

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Was it also fenced in...?
    I don't believe it was, Fish.

    And neither was Spitalfields entirely black.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      You are the one who is blinded by an unwarranted obsession
      That's rich coming from you, who are easily one of the most obsessive, illogical, one-eyed and supercilious posters I've ever known. I shan't waste my time on you again.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

      "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
        And neither was Spitalfields entirely black.
        Indeed, but there was no black at all in Clapham/Battersea.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

        "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Indeed, but there was no black at all in Clapham/Battersea.
          Do you have the Ripper pegged as an inhabitant of one the black streets of the East End?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
            Do you have the Ripper pegged as an inhabitant of one the black streets of the East End?
            Not really, Gary, although it's quite possible statistically. I just think that the location of the Ripper murder sites suggest strongly that he lived somewhere in the vicinity, and not in Battersea/Clapham/Pimlico. (And vice-versa for the majority of the torso murderers.)
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

            "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              Not really, Gary, although it's quite possible statistically. I just think that the location of the Ripper murder sites suggest strongly that he lived somewhere in the vicinity, and not in Battersea/Clapham/Pimlico. (And vice-versa for the majority of the torso murderers.)
              But there's nothing to say that a man who lived in MEOT, walked to work at Broad Street in the early hours and from there made deliveries to a company who had premises in Islington and Wandsworth might not have passed most of the Ripper and Torso sites is there?
              Last edited by MrBarnett; 10-28-2017, 03:33 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                But there's nothing to say that a man who lived in MEOT, walked to work at Broad Street in the early hours and from there made deliveries to a company who had premises in Islington and Wandsworth might not have passed most of the Ripper and Torso sites is there?
                Ptolemaic epicycles, Gary. What's the most pragmatic explanation?
                Last edited by Sam Flynn; 10-28-2017, 04:43 PM.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  They were (are) very different places, as a quick look at the 1889 Booth maps will demonstrate.
                  It would helpful, perhaps, if one understood just how parochial the residents of Britain can be; the East End and the West End of London were, and are, poles apart. Whoever committed the majority of the torso murders was almost certainly resident in Southwest London; the Ripper was almost certainly a resident of the East End.
                  Sam
                  You are IMHO obsessing about something that we just have no evidence of. Where the killer lived, or worked, or stalked or had his bolt hole. Serial killers leave there victims all over the place, depending on the circumstances. What if the WC murders are when his bolt hole murder house wasn’t available or he simply changed his MO?

                  And it’s not like the torso victims are pegged to a certain place or class either. More than likely they were unfortunates too.

                  So your entire argument falls imho on the face of it, when speaking of distance and poles apart.
                  Last edited by Abby Normal; 10-28-2017, 07:50 PM.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

                  -Edgar Allan Poe


                  "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                  -Frederick G. Abberline

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                    That's rich coming from you, who are easily one of the most obsessive, illogical, one-eyed and supercilious posters I've ever known. I shan't waste my time on you again.
                    Hi sam
                    This is a totally unacceptable attack on fish and I am shocked that you could make such a spurious and viscous personal attack.

                    We all know Fish has three eyes.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

                    -Edgar Allan Poe


                    "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                    -Frederick G. Abberline

                    Comment


                    • nobody seems to care to discuss it, perhaps fish is right and I am too disagreeable, but if liz Jackson was killed outside, then in my opinion they all would have been. that's a lot less dissimilar than the ripper. wasn't there some suggestion that the pinchin torso was dropped from above the arches?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        Hi sam
                        This is a totally unacceptable attack on fish and I am shocked that you could make such a spurious and viscous personal attack.

                        We all know Fish has three eyes.
                        I´ve seen this before, and so I am not surprised at all. Gareth seems to think that is is quite okay for him to claim that everything I say is led on by a bias and a wish to fit the evidence.

                        Then, when I do not bow to that wisdom but instead tell him that HIS standard of debating on this topic points to a bias, he goes ballistic.

                        I suspect he thinks that he can retire from the discussion before his ship is sunk, in the process forgetting that it already rests on the bottom of the ocean with more holes than a prime Swiss cheese in it.

                        Maybe it was the Dahmer thing that finally saw the sea water welling in. I warned against getting overxcited about any possible finds of killers who may have taken away abdominal walls from their victims.
                        The issue was never whether such a thing was possible or not.
                        It was whether we should expect TWO Jeffrey Dahmers in the same town and at the same time.

                        Dahmer was a sensation in the media when he was revealed, and for very good reasons. He was like a newborn Ed Gein - who got the same media coverage back in the fifties and for equally good reasons - surfacing a quarter of a century after his predecessor.

                        This type of killer is - luckily - so very, very rare that they will dominate the media reporting in the entire world for many a day, and they will go down in criminal history as representatives of something where it takes literally billions of people to produce just the one such killer.

                        There are - if you ask me - similarities between Dahmer and the suggested Rippertorso killer. But I would actually propose that the latter is even more special.

                        Comment


                        • K
                          Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Hi sam
                          This is a totally unacceptable attack on fish and I am shocked that you could make such a spurious and viscous personal attack.

                          We all know Fish has three eyes.
                          Not spurious, and not without provocation. I was responding to his completely unreasonable comments about me being unfit to post, about my suffering from an unwarranted obsession, etc. He started it.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                          "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            Sam
                            You are IMHO obsessing about something that we just have no evidence of. Where the killer lived, or worked, or stalked or had his bolt hole. Serial killers leave there victims all over the place, depending on the circumstances. What if the WC murders are when his bolt hole murder house wasn’t available or he simply changed his MO?
                            Ptolemaic epicycles again.
                            And it’s not like the torso victims are pegged to a certain place or class either.
                            All but one were disposed of in southwest London.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                            "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                              nobody seems to care to discuss it, perhaps fish is right and I am too disagreeable, but if liz Jackson was killed outside, then in my opinion they all would have been. that's a lot less dissimilar than the ripper. wasn't there some suggestion that the pinchin torso was dropped from above the arches?
                              Rocky, I think the idea that Elizabeth Jackson may have been killed in Battersea Park came from the newspapers when a portion of her trunk was found in the park. It was also reported that a 'nameless indignity' had been performed on her body that the press claimed was kept quite from the public, and that they thought it suggested a link to JTR.
                              ,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸, Debs ,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,

                              I am not DJA. He's called Dave.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                                However, Gareth - it seems there are no further examples of the habit? Isn´t that odd? You even had to lie about Dahmer to try and find an example!
                                Missed this false accusation first time round. I am not a liar, and I did not lie about Dahmer. If Fisherman thought that I said Dahmer definitely removed the flesh in flaps, I didn't.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

                                "Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X