Hanbury Street Graffiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Under the archway where the Pinchin Street torso was dumped was written the word "Lipski" in chalk.

This potentially links the Pinchin Street Torso to the murder of Stride and that of Miriam Angel in 1887.

Stride, Angel and Pinchin Street were all found in St George's in the East.

RD
    Maybe so. We can't again prove either way so the possibility must remain open. One thing we can be fairly certain on is that the Pinchin Street Torso was not linked to the Whitechapel murderer. Therefore my initial point Still stands- despite ample opportunity particularly with Mary Kelly the killer did not leave any messages nor did he write to the Police or contact them via letter. With the evidence we have it seems much more possible to me that the apron was discarded randomly and the graffitti is not connected in any way to the case. Even if it was it wouldn't really take the case forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Delight View Post

Maybe so. We can't again prove either way so the possibility must remain open. One thing we can be fairly certain on is that the Pinchin Street Torso was not linked to the Whitechapel murderer. Therefore my initial point Still stands- despite ample opportunity particularly with Mary Kelly the killer did not leave any messages nor did he write to the Police or contact them via letter. With the evidence we have it seems much more possible to me that the apron was discarded randomly and the graffitti is not connected in any way to the case. Even if it was it wouldn't really take the case forward.
      May I ask why you don't believe the Pinchin Street Torso had anything to do with the Whitechapel murderer?

I know the police dismissed it; but that doesn't provide definitive proof that the Pinchin Street murder wasn't linked in some way.

The proximity from the Stride murder site to the arch in Pinchin Street shouldn't be underestimated.

I can understand the MO is not the same as 4 of the generic Canonical victims, but it could be said that the slaying of Stride could form the bridge between both sets of murders.

To dismiss the Pinchin Street torso is to indirectly and passively dismiss Stride as a Ripper victim also.

Now IF there was some evidence to show that the Pinchin Street torso was a woman who could be linked to the Stride case; would that be suffice to at least consider the option of it being the work of the same man...or men?

Theoretically speaking of course

RD

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Something which may be of interest to some.

The Artizan Dwellings Graffiti

Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
          Hmmm...unlikely...because he there's no evidence to suggest he had used that method of cleaning his knife after any of the other murders.
          RD
          Annie Chapman appears to be missing her woolly scarf, when she found in the back yard of No 29. Tim Donovan said she was wearing it when he was talking to her earlier that morning.

Looks like the killer took Chapman`s scarf.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Annie Chapman appears to be missing her woolly scarf, when she found in the back yard of No 29. Tim Donovan said she was wearing it when he was talking to her earlier that morning.

Looks like the killer took Chapman`s scarf.
            Tim last saw her at about half one-quarter to two. There are hours between this in which Annie could have been robbed of her scarf, lost it etc. Hadn't she also a neckerchief around her neck when Jack found her? It's possible she was substituting this for her scarf.

Did other witnesses mention a scarf?
            Last edited by Tani; 05-28-2024, 02:20 PM.
            O have you seen the devle
            with his mikerscope and scalpul
            a lookin at a Kidney
            With a slide cocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tani View Post

Time last saw her at about half one-quarter to two. There are hours between this in which Annie could have been robbed of her scarf, lost it etc. Hadn't she also a neckerchief around her neck when Jack found her? It's possible she was substituting this for her scarf.
              Yes, she was also wearing a neckerchief (over the woolly scarf according to Donovan)

Did other witnesses mention a scarf?
              Not that I`m aware of.
              Did any witnesses see her ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Yes, she was also wearing a neckerchief (over the woolly scarf according to Donovan)

Not that I`m aware of.
                Did any witnesses see her ?

Elizabeth Long believes she did. I'm not sure we have clothing descriptions from her.
                a lookin at a Kidney
                With a slide cocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tani View Post

Elizabeth Long believes she did. I'm not sure we have clothing descriptions from her.
                  I haven’t checked all of the newspaper reports Tani but Long didn’t describe the woman’s clothing at the inquest. Only that she believed that it was the woman that she’d seen in the mortuary.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                    Fascinating read. Thanks for pointing this out.

- Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I haven’t checked all of the newspaper reports Tani but Long didn’t describe the woman’s clothing at the inquest. Only that she believed that it was the woman that she’d seen in the mortuary.
                      Walking around with a dead woman's scarf is a bit odd, but neither would I put it past him, so I'm ambivalent. The scarf may have stopped him from strangling effectively or he could have used it to do that, then taken it off to cut the throat. I really have no position.
                      a lookin at a Kidney
                      With a slide cocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                        A superb read. This certainly offers much needed context. One thing that is noteworthy is that the graffiti was not particularly unique. It didn't stand out as something remarkably different. For me the dropping of the apron in that spot was a random act of a man fleeing the crime scene- who felt sufficient space existed and the street was quiet enough to discard the evidence into a doorway.

Comment

Working...
                        X