Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
    Well, you are frequently posting your opinions here
    But not on this occasion my dear boy. On this occasion I was stating a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
      But not on this occasion my dear boy. On this occasion I was stating a fact.
      You have an opinion about an occasion I hear. You want to place it in the box with the label fact, together with the rest of facts like the platonic idea, the geocentric model and social darwinism.

Your opinion is that the value of your opinion will be higher in that box.

Comment

You have an opinion about an occasion I hear. You want to place it in the box with the label fact, together with the rest of facts like the platonic idea, the geocentric model and social darwinism.

Oh, I forgot Jesus.

Facts. They build churches on it.

Comment

There is no opinion involved my dear boy. Here is Steve's post:

"My dear Pierre,

"Is there any word in the English dictionary that starts with the root Ju-, ends with the plural -es (since it refers to "the men") and has 1-2 letters (for w = v+v) in the middle for the, with high probability misread word "Juwes""

I am sure you have a word in mind and have done since the start of the thread,
          You called it "An experiment", which implies testing of an idea with an end point, what we have is however a word game which with all due respect is not an experiment.

Your reasons for saying you do not have a word in mind are yours and so be it. I do not wishes to offend at all but that is how it comes across.

A check of several dictionaries gives little that fits the task you are setting, and lets be honest, that’s what you are doing, I do understand.

There is one word that stands out, starts and ends as you say and has 2 letters in the middle, must admit not sure why "w" is seen by you as meaning 2 letters.
          It also ties in with guilt and blame

the word is JUDGES"

So you see my dear boy, Steve was suggesting nothing, he was answering your question.

Comment

• [QUOTE=David Orsam;416095]

There is no opinion involved my dear boy.
            That is your opinions.

The problem is like the liar paradox. Or the postmodern total relativism. What do you think about those two? Any opinions?

Comment

That is your opinions.

The problem is like the liar paradox. Or the postmodern total relativism. What do you think about those two? Any opinions?
              Did you see Steve's post which I reproduced above my dear boy?

Thus proving that I was stating a fact, not an opinion.

Comment

Here is Steve's post:
                You often refer to other peoples posts although they are already in the forum for anyone to read.

Is it complusive?

Comment

So you see my dear boy,
                  And very often you interpret other people´s opinions for them. Why is that?

Do you just want to see you own opinions here?

Comment

You often refer to other peoples posts although they are already in the forum for anyone to read.

Is it complusive?
                    My dear boy, do you have a problem with me reproducing Steve's post?

Perhaps it is because it proves that I was stating a fact, like I said.

Comment

Steve was suggesting nothing
                      That is your opinion, we know this now.

Would you like me to repeat it for you? Perhaps by quoting your posts?

Comment

,he was answering your question.
                        How nice for you to sit here and go through other peoples posts on a Friday night. I wonder if it will generate any new knowledge on the case.

Comment

That is your opinion, we know this now.

Would you like me to repeat it for you? Perhaps by quoting your posts?
                          Why don't you quote Steve's post where he was suggesting something?

Wouldn't that be easier my dear boy?

Oh well, no it wouldn't actually because he wasn't suggesting anything so there would be nothing to quote.

Comment

How nice for you to sit here and go through other peoples posts on a Friday night. I wonder if it will generate any new knowledge on the case.
                            I remembered Steve's post very well my dear boy. I happen to think this entire thread has generated no new knowledge on the case but at least I have prevented a false statement from going unchallenged.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                              Did you see Steve's post which I reproduced above my dear boy?

Thus proving that I was stating a fact, not an opinion.
                              Thus not understanding your own opinions.

Comment

Thus not understanding your own opinions.
                                And this is my last post for now. But I will get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X