New piece of evidence found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    I've always said this was a real possibility.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Hi Tom,

Yes. I believe the killer wanted to taunt the police by making sure he got both the Metropolitan police and the City police to come after him that night. High risk behaviour is a part of his MO. You see this in everything he does.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post

Proof? Best wishes
      C4
      Probabilty

Yours Jef

Comment

Hello Pierre

, facts are facts.

C4
        Agreed...known to the heads of CID

PS Tom.. Was this theory raised at the Wolvergrampton conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
          Probabilty

Yours Jef
          Hello Jeff

I'll stretch to possibility. But I don't believe it.

Best wishes
          C4

Comment

Hello Pierre

Could have sworn you stated definitely that you did not read any books and advised others to stay away as well.

And I don't see any bias in background information, facts are facts.

C4
            No, facts are not facts. They are social an historical constructions.

You establish so called facts by researching archives and different types of data. Facts have to be established using source criticism.

After doing that, you may compare your so called facts to eachother. If they seem to be correlated you can start to create hypotheses. Then you go back to the sources and try to find other sources to test your hypotheses.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Simon,

i have been wondering the same for the past couple of hours

regards

Comment

Hello Jeff

I'll stretch to possibility. But I don't believe it.

Best wishes
                C4
                Thats your prerogative..

I'm simply saying that in all 'probability' the 'Dear Boss' was the work of an enterprising young Journalist, and thus the pseudonym Jack the Ripper was an invention by the press..

Thats what the sources tell us, and it seems improbable they would have made that up...'known to heads of CID'

Of course there were later hundreds of letters claiming to be from the killler, Patricia Cornwall based most of her case against Sickert on them

I'm just saying they were almost certainly hoax's and the men who investigated them believed that to be the case so thats the most likely solution

Yours Jeff
                Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 11-19-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Postmodern social constructionism? That makes it all make so much more sense now.
                  I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                    Postmodern social constructionism? That makes it all make so much more sense now.
                    What is "it all"?

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                      No, facts are not facts. They are social an historical constructions.

You establish so called facts by researching archives and different types of data. Facts have to be established using source criticism.

After doing that, you may compare your so called facts to eachother. If they seem to be correlated you can start to create hypotheses. Then you go back to the sources and try to find other sources to test your hypotheses.

Regards Pierre
                      Hello Pierre

A fact is the distance between Dutfield's yard and Mitre Square. A fact is that Annie Chapman showed signs of strangulation.

If I weren't a lady, I'd say you were talking b*ll*cks!

C4

Comment

Can't help it, for the sake of my blood pressure have had to block so-called Pierre again. It's like trying to discuss quantum physics with a goldfish.

C4
                        Last edited by curious4; 11-19-2015, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                          Thats your prerogative..

I'm simply saying that in all 'probability' the 'Dear Boss' was the work of an enterprising young Journalist, and thus the pseudonym Jack the Ripper was an invention by the press..

Thats what the sources tell us, and it seems improbable they would have made that up...'known to heads of CID'

Of course there were later hundreds of letters claiming to be from the killler, Patricia Cornwall based most of her case against Sickert on them

I'm just saying they were almost certainly hoax's and the men who investigated them believed that to be the case so thats the most likely solution

Yours Jeff
                          Hi jeff
                          as of 1896 the police had no idea who wrote dear boss letter. In the official police files the record of the 1896 winters coming letter and the police actions about it prove it. Ill go with whats on the official police records at the time then the wishful guesses of a boastful wind bag and his loyal employee many years later.
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Another known problem solved

Hi,

I believe I have just solved a known problem in the case. It is a small problem that people have been discussing since the time of the Whitechapel murders.

Very often when you do historical research you reinterpret data sources.

There is a known data source connected to one of the victims. This source contains information that people have been discussing for a long time. It is not a big issue but a small one.

The reinterpretation of the source gives an explanation that is coherent with the life of the person I think was Jack the Ripper.

I would say that the validity of the interpretation is very high. But the significance of the source for my theory is rather unimportant.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Hi Pierre,
                              Whilst I agree with you, that many avenues of research may have wandered off in the wrong direction, and many a interpretation may have been misunderstood..It all boils down to how one perceives significance.
                              You still continue to use the same old line''I have solved''..without showing any clarity in posts.
                              I have often over the years, interpreted something via press reports, that would booster a theory, but I have always shared that find, with Casebook, even if I had to wear my flak jacket upon releasing it.
                              If you are a genuine Ripper enthusiast, and value Casebook, as the best source of Ripper studies in the world, then please respect fellow members intelligence,and try to be clearer in your presentation...not much to ask.?
                              Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                                Hi Pierre,
                                Whilst I agree with you, that many avenues of research may have wandered off in the wrong direction, and many a interpretation may have been misunderstood..It all boils down to how one perceives significance.
                                You still continue to use the same old line''I have solved''..without showing any clarity in posts.
                                I have often over the years, interpreted something via press reports, that would booster a theory, but I have always shared that find, with Casebook, even if I had to wear my flak jacket upon releasing it.
                                If you are a genuine Ripper enthusiast, and value Casebook, as the best source of Ripper studies in the world, then please respect fellow members intelligence,and try to be clearer in your presentation...not much to ask.?
                                Regards Richard.
                                Hi Richards,

Well put. But the problem is that my data sources are so simple, the connections so obvious, the theory so realistic and people here so intelligent.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Working...
                                X