Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casebook: Jack the Ripper Conference 2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    Just in case my post about the schedule change was confusing, Andrew Firth kindly provided us with an updated graphic.



    Click image for larger version

Name:	CBC2022.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	796585




    JM
    hi
    just wondered if this has been posted on the JTRforums for a wider audience participation.
    yours truly.

    Comment


    • #17
      No it hasn’t been shared on JtRForums.

      JM

      Comment


      • #18
        One week from today. Free & Streaming on Facebook and Zoom with questions from the live audience following each presentation (when possible).

        Zoom link will be posted here in a few days.

        JM

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          One week from today. Free & Streaming on Facebook and Zoom with questions from the live audience following each presentation (when possible).

          Zoom link will be posted here in a few days.

          JM
          thx for update.
          will these be available to watch on casebooks files at some date also.

          Comment


          • #20
            Yes at some point after the conference each presentation will be released as podcasts via Rippercast.

            JM

            Comment


            • #21
              The Zoom link to attend this weekends conference will be posted here tomorrow.

              If you’re on Facebook the conference will also be streaming live on the page entitled:
              Casebook: Jack the Ripper Conference 2022.

              JM

              Comment


              • #22
                Conference Zoom Links:
                Zoom link for Saturday:
                https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87826680891
                Zoom link for Sunday:
                https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88045889121

                Also Streaming Live on Facebook


                JM

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                  Conference Zoom Links:
                  Zoom link for Saturday:
                  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87826680891
                  Zoom link for Sunday:
                  https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88045889121

                  Also Streaming Live on Facebook


                  JM
                  Great!

                  Many thanks for posting, Jon!

                  So I just click on the Saturday link at 2pm (ie BST +1) and watch the magic happen, yeah?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

                    Great!

                    Many thanks for posting, Jon!

                    So I just click on the Saturday link at 2pm (ie BST +1) and watch the magic happen, yeah?
                    Yes, if you already have Zoom. If not you'll be prompted to download it and sign up. It's free.
                    There will be a live chat room and we'll have people monitoring it for any questions.

                    JM

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jmenges View Post

                      Yes, if you already have Zoom. If not you'll be prompted to download it and sign up. It's free.
                      There will be a live chat room and we'll have people monitoring it for any questions.

                      JM
                      Fab!

                      Many thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        The CONFERENCE starts at 7am CST in the USA, which is 1PM in the UK!!!
                        The promo poster is incorrect due to the utter silliness of the UK even having a BST.

                        JM

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                          The CONFERENCE starts at 7am CST in the USA, which is 1PM in the UK!!!
                          The promo poster is incorrect due to the utter silliness of the UK even having a BST.

                          JM
                          Right!

                          Got it!

                          Log on at 1pm. Not 2!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            A big thank you to everyone involved with the conference. It really was brilliant. I enjoyed every bit. Loved having it over the two days. Amazing talks, fab presenters and some great questions asked.
                            Best wishes,

                            Tristan

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
                              A big thank you to everyone involved with the conference. It really was brilliant. I enjoyed every bit. Loved having it over the two days. Amazing talks, fab presenters and some great questions asked.
                              Agreed, Los!

                              I second that.

                              It was the first one which I had attended, and I'm really glad that I did.

                              I thoroughly enjoyed all the talks and it was an eclectic mix, which kept things interesting.

                              It does of course mean that I have a load of new books to buy and old films to watch (Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde being just one of them!).

                              I'd really recommend listening when the presentations are posted.

                              Jurriaans MJK Kelly research will be of interest to many, and I think Madeleine Kein's presentation (which knocks lumps out of Haillie Rubenholds book) will spark interesting debate.

                              A great way to spend a dreich, rainy Glasgow weekend.

                              Big thanks to all involved.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

                                Agreed, Los!

                                I second that.

                                It was the first one which I had attended, and I'm really glad that I did.

                                I thoroughly enjoyed all the talks and it was an eclectic mix, which kept things interesting.

                                It does of course mean that I have a load of new books to buy and old films to watch (Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde being just one of them!).

                                I'd really recommend listening when the presentations are posted.

                                Jurriaans MJK Kelly research will be of interest to many, and I think Madeleine Kein's presentation (which knocks lumps out of Haillie Rubenholds book) will spark interesting debate.

                                A great way to spend a dreich, rainy Glasgow weekend.

                                Big thanks to all involved.
                                You liked my presentation? Thank you!!

                                You might also like Kerrigan Byrne’s Fiona Mahoney series, about a friend of MJK’s who’s a crime scene cleaner in London in the year after the Ripper murders. There’s 2 books out so far.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X