Dr Barnardo is the killer...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
    Henry 8th was a serial killer and quite a few of his ancestors bumped people off without blinking!

Hi Nats,

I think the point here is that tyrants like Henry VIII might have been murderous buggers in the larger scheme of things, but that they didn't personally and with their own hand put paid to those who annoyed them.

You could say that Arthur Harris was one of the most notorious mass-murderers of all time, and that his aircrews were accessories after the fact; but he didn't personally murder the citizens of Dresden.

Difficult question, I agree.

Graham
    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Henry 8th was a serial killer and quite a few of his ancestors bumped people off without blinking!
      See my earlier post, Nats. I don't class genocides or despots as "serial killers", certainly not of the JTR, Bundy, Vacher and Chikatilo (etc) type.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by joelhall View Post
        i think the point being made is that those who become famous personalities through their own means, i.e. not due to notoriety or profession, but extra-curricula if you will, have not as far as records go, gone on to become sadistic killers, as their personality type does not match those who do.

e.g. they choose to express themselves and allow their ambitious streak to come out by doing good not evil.

correct?
        Indeed. That's a good exposition of what I was trying to get across, Joel.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          See my earlier post, Nats. I don't class genocides or despots as "serial killers", certainly not of the JTR, Bundy, Vacher and Chikatilo (etc) type.
          Right on, Sam!

And Bundy was the 'guy next door' to those who knew him.

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
            Right on, Sam!

And Bundy was the 'guy next door' to those who knew him.

Graham
            Well actually I was just teasing about Henry 8th!
            However,Bundy liked to do a lot of things "normal" men do----together with a lot of other things---not at all "normal".
            Fact is,he chose young girls and liked sex with them,the ripper did not have sex with his victims. That is one hell of a difference!
            BTW Graham,I agree the Ripper probably did look normal,as do many mentally ill people.Fact is he was not normal---by any stretch of the imagination.And thankfully pro rata of the general population there are very few few serial killers.Since these celebs and princes you speak of comprise a tiny percentage of the general population any way,is it surprising there arent too many Marquis De Sades?

Comment

Please refer to other link

Hello all,

Please refer to:

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...ed=1#post27152

Sorry for the two threads, I was just trying to find the right thread, this one is general stuff, whereas the above link will take you to the right thread which is just about Dr Barnardo as the Ripper in the suspects page etc. Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
              AJ.
              "The answer your've all been looking for...is here at last!"

Comment

Hi all-
                I really must say that I dont think 'The Twin Threads' are helping your case 'Prophet'...Why the sig AJ?? Is that just another riddle for us to solve? Angelina Jolie???
                'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Hi Nats- Exactly- It was at his whim that innocent (well mostly!) women died...Trouble is that he was in a position to get away with it!!!..Probably like some these days...an 'exhaulted' position can often cover 'a multitude of sins'...NOT that that extends to The Queen's Physician etc etc ..................................[unless they were Masons of course!!! ]
                  Suz x

Comment

Just thinking out loud...a few more "achievers" who killed...non serial mostly ..but killers nonetheless.....o.j simpson, ...phil spector..king leopold, elizabeth bathory, vlad the impaler, lord lucan, .....Robert mugabe(although he gets others to commit the crimes,he is responsible ultimately) Imagine if Ted Bundy had become president of equatorial guinea.He would prob do the same as mugabe is doing.
                    I cant see the argument that reaching a certain level of achievement bars that person for all time from becoming a killer ,serial or otherwise.....Now for gods sake alex, present something, anything ,that might give us a "reason to believe" your theory.
                    regards
                    Last edited by dougie; 06-29-2008, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dougie View Post
                      Just thinking out loud...a few more "achievers" who killed...non serial mostly ..but killers nonetheless.....
                      o.j simpson, phil spector, lord lucan

... domestic murders or crimes of passion (allegedly, I hasten to add)

king leopold, elizabeth bathory, vlad the impaler, Robert mugabe

... despots/abusers of power

As you say, Dougie, not one "serial killer" among these "personalities".
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        o.j simpson, phil spector, lord lucan

... domestic murders or crimes of passion (allegedly, I hasten to add)

king leopold, elizabeth bathory, vlad the impaler, Robert mugabe

... despots/abusers of power

As you say, Dougie, not one "serial killer" among these "personalities".
                        And VERY few capital letters Sam!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                          And VERY few capital letters Sam!!!
                          Yes wE MusTNt loSe SIGHT of the FACT THAT CaPiTal leltters are at the very heart of this....goodPOint suZie.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Phil Spector has not yet been found guilty of murder. Lord Lucan certainly hasn't been found guilty. Also, Lord Lucan can hardly be considered an achiever. He was born into the aristocracy and did little in the way of gainful employment.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                              I'm pretty sure Phil Spector has not yet been found guilty of murder. Lord Lucan certainly hasn't been found guilty. Also, Lord Lucan can hardly be considered an achiever. He was born into the aristocracy and did little in the way of gainful employment.
                              nor was o.j. but thats another story
                              if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                                Maybe Lucky Lucan hasnt been found guilty yet, but I believe thats partly due to his convenient disappearance,Im only assuming theres a connection of course.
                                Lord Lucan might not have got his hands dirty very often ,but he played a mean kind of cards its rumoured, there was even a rumour he reappeared in parliament ,briefly to vote in favour of the poll tax So now we gotta wait to see if Phil Spector is found guilty before we can assess whether or not "barney" could possibly be considered a suspect?...whens the guilty verdict due?..oops I mean the verdict.
                                regards

Comment

Working...
                                X