Dr Barnardo is the killer...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bob

I have not misunderstood you at all. I am fully aware of what Nunnerism is. In fact, it seems to me that it is you who are labouring under some misunderstanding. If you read my post again you might realise that I did not state that it was a fact that Barnardo was arrogant, mean-spirited, etc. The whole meaning of the sentence relates to the fact that Barnardo was not ‘the paragon of virtue he is often portrayed as.’

As for the rest of your post, I have to admit that I am at a complete loss to understand your rationale. In my last post I openly accepted that without the ‘lost’ research I could not expect anyone to accept my opinion, and deferred to your good self. Perhaps you are unacquainted with honestly admitting the truth, or are simply unable to appropriately interpret sources.

Nowhere, in any of my posts on this subject, did I launch into a long series of extracts from Wagner’s book. And in no post did I write: “Well my wife has been studying Barnardo form many years – but I don’t know what happened to all the research, but it said it was honest!”

And never have I tried to link the accident in which Diana died to Ripper killings. If this is truly an example of your interpretive skills, then, it seems to me, Bob, that the only thing that holds anyone up to ridicule is the last post of yours on this forum and, honestly, that saddens me. I have always respected you as a Ripperologist and, to my knowledge, have never been abusive towards you or denigrated your work. I was, therefore, mystified by your evident abrasive tone towards me in these exchanges. Perhaps that is now a requirement of Casebook forums that I have failed to realise since I’ve been away for so long. If that is the case then, I’m afraid, I have better things to do with my time.

As it happens I have compiled a couple of books, with colleagues, which relate in some degree to JtR but, if you haven’t read them by now, it’s probably a bit late to get your ‘honest’ opinion, don’t you think, Bob?

Touching upon other posts on this subject, I have to offer my opinion (not Nunnerism) that what Stewart Evans does not know about Whitechapel murder and related topics isn’t worth knowing. Despite this, he never presents himself as the ‘great I am,’ and is ever willing to help anyone who wants to know more about this subject. He is (fact) a true gentleman and never deserves the hassle he seems to receive whenever he ventures onto these forums. Perhaps, if others were as truly knowledgeable and generous as Stewart, these forums might be a more amiable place to broaden one’s knowledge

Best Wishes
    alex
    But for me, in my impenetrable mantle, the safety was complete. Think of it – I did not even exist!
    (HJFSotC – SCoDJaMH – RLS, 1886)

https://www.amazon.com/author/alexchisholm
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B006JFY5TC

Comment

Ice Cold with Alex!

Alex,

I’m sorry I’m understanding very little of your post here. You say:

“If you read my post again you might realise that I did not state that it was a fact that Barnardo was arrogant, mean-spirited, etc. The whole meaning of the sentence relates to the fact that Barnardo was not ‘the paragon of virtue he is often portrayed as.’

And yet in post number 22 you say:

it should open eyes to the fact that this arrogant, mean-spirited, obnoxious little man was not the paragon of virtue he is often portrayed as.

Perhaps you can explain how stating something is a ‘fact’ is not actually ummm stating something is a fact.

You actually do it again by saying:

“The whole meaning of the sentence relates to the fact that Barnardo was not ‘the paragon of virtue he is often portrayed as.’”

Again I point out this is not a fact but merely your opinion.

As for your comment:

“Perhaps you are unacquainted with honestly admitting the truth, or are simply unable to appropriately interpret sources.”

If it is your opinion that I am dishonest, that’s fine. That’s your opinion and you are welcome to it. I certainly wouldn’t dignify such a statement with a response – I’m quite sure there are a few people who actually know me who could offer their own opinions as to my honesty and my ability to ‘interpret sources’.

I was unaware you have compiled a couple of books. Perhaps if you can give me their titles and ISBN numbers I can get them from Amazon. I would love to read them.

Comment

Just look under the heading "Fairy stories" Bob,sure you'll be able to locate this authors efforts there...infact I predict best seller status.
        Might have to wrangle with PC for pole position though!!!

Comment

Fact!

Even La T's 'offerings' are available by checking the ISBN numbers.....!! We wait to see if this facility is available to us poor souls slavering for 'enlightenment'!!!
          Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
          As the quote goes from Alexander The GREAT:- 'If I were not Alexander, I would be Diogenes'...........(or Barnardo!) The bit in parenthesis was obviously lost in translation!!!
          Last edited by Suzi; 06-28-2008, 01:22 PM.
          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by anna View Post
            Just look under the heading "Fairy stories" Bob,sure you'll be able to locate this authors efforts there...infact I predict best seller status.
            Might have to wrangle with PC for pole position though!!!

Tony Williams is growing in credibility as I type!!!

BALL'S in your court Alex.................

Comment

rather brave of you Suz to call "The Prophet" by his earthly name.
              He's got colleagues you know....oh yes,..the Brothers Grimm...

Anyone noticed that during his Post 46 he seems to have plenty of thoughts on what goes on around here for someone who has achieved very few posts.....and a duel personality!!!!!Hmmmm

Comment

People,this "person" whoever they be, now has TWO threads running on the subject.....unbelievable.

*Spoken in my best telephone voice...
                One thinks he has just achieved his aim at pubicity(?) for his mini-series of books.
                I thank you.

Comment

People,this "person" whoever they be, now has TWO threads running on the subject.....unbelievable.

One thinks he has just achieved his aim at pubicity(?) for his mini-series of books.
                  I thank you.
                  steve... hows your server space coping?

bet youre glad for the crash now
                  if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Just posted on THE OTHER Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! This is driving me nuts!!!!! Can Stephen get this onto ONE please!!!!..........joel is this a bigger joke than we already suspect!
                    Last edited by Suzi; 06-28-2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

rather brave of you Suz to call "The Prophet" by his earthly name.
                      He's got colleagues you know....oh yes,..the Brothers Grimm...

Anyone noticed that during his Post 46 he seems to have plenty of thoughts on what goes on around here for someone who has achieved very few posts.....and a duel personality!!!!!Hmmmm
                      Aaagh what was that 'earthly ' name Anna?? I STILL don't understand why we have 2 threads here....Damnedly annoying!!!
                      Last edited by Suzi; 06-28-2008, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joelhall View Post
                        steve... hows your server space coping?

bet youre glad for the crash now
                        Crass comment joel - and unnecessary I think!

Comment

I thank you.
                          He he verrry Arthur Askey!!!
                          Hehe Anna I ask WHY are there 2 threads here for a nothingness?( PERLEASE chaps can we just have ONE!) or I might have to have another Dids thread! ( hehe)...not really!!!

SOOooooooooo proud of the people who have tried to make some sort of sanity of all this toot though (Well done chaps...hang in there!)....till he/she/it goes down the plug'ole....like the baby!!!
                          Last edited by Suzi; 06-28-2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            He may have been, Dougie, but then he wasn't a nationally renowned campaigner for charity, with connections to the English establishment. In addition, his subsequent international fame was built upon something other than killing innocent people - not something that Dennis Rader or similar "serial pillars of the community" like Thomas 'Akela' Hamilton, Reg 'Policeman' Christie or John Wayne 'Jaycee' Gacy were ever destined to boast.
                            Sam,
                            Quite true, but there have been a few popes (you cant get much "holier" than that) who were guilty of of some pretty nasty things through the ages.
                            Im not saying "barney" was the ripper, merely saying his campaigning doesnt mean he couldnt have been.Any more than being a policeman means you couldnt have committed a crime.Having said that It be nice to hear some evidence ...if it exists.
                            "you cant always judge a book by its cover"....who said that ?....first?
                            regards

Comment

Originally posted by dougie View Post
                              ...but there have been a few popes (you cant get much "holier" than that) who were guilty of of some pretty nasty things through the ages.
                              ...largely by proxy, Dougie, and then for politico-religious reasons rather than from any personal psychopathy. Apart from one or two exceptions, people who are "celebs" in their own right don't like getting their hands dirty - and have little need to. Under-achieving nonentities like Pogo the Clown and BTK are a different matter.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by dougie View Post
                                "you cant always judge a book by its cover"....who said that ?....first?
                                Bo Diddley????

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                                X