Pop culture references to JTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop culture references to JTR

I remember there being a thread about this once before but I thought I'd start a new one. Jack the Ripper is mentioned now and again in movies, tv shows, etc., often just as a passing reference. I finally just saw "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" which has been out for quite a while, and it features an exchange between Peter Parker (Spider-Man) and his girlfriend Gwen (who knows he's Spider-Man) in which she is going to be going away to England to attend Oxford university and he is professing his love for her and refusing to lose her and deciding that he'll just have to move there with her and continue to be Spider-Man in England. He is always wise-cracking even in serious situations and says something to the effect of, "They have lots of crime over there, right? Jack the Ripper. You know, they never did catch Jack the Ripper."

I remember another one from a few years back on the show "Two and a Half Men" when Charly Sheen was still on it. Charly and his brother Alan were arguing about something Alan had done wrong and he was justifying it by saying he only did it a few times. And Charly countered with "And Jack the Ripper only murdered a few prostitutes, but it was still wrong!"

Any others spring to mind?
Working...
X