Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    maybe he was spanking her

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Rogan
    replied
    Spoilsports!
    Your logic and pragmatism are stifling Ripperology - we need more suspects!!!!

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    I think if she'd have been strangled with a (presumably leather) belt, it would have been obvious. Don't forget that Davis was probably on his way to the privy, and at any rate he had only just got up, so he might not yet have put his trousers on properly when he found the body.
    To me that’s clearly both the relevance and the reason.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    I think if she'd have been strangled with a (presumably leather) belt, it would have been obvious. Don't forget that Davis was probably on his way to the privy, and at any rate he had only just got up, so he might not yet have put his trousers on properly when he found the body.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Rogan
    started a topic Davis' belt

Davis' belt

At Annie Chapman's inquest, a couple of papers mention witness James Kent as he describes being alerted to the murder by Davis;

Times 13 Sept
    "While he was waiting there an elderly man named Davis who lived two or three doors off, came out of his house and said, "Men, come here." Davis had his belt in his hand."

Morning Advertiser
    "While I was waiting there, an elderly man, named Davis, I believe, who lives two or three doors off, called to me. He came out of his house into the road two or three yards off with his belt in his hand."

It doesn't seem to be picked up or even mentioned again. But bearing in mind Annie's signs of strangulation....is this at all suspicious?
    ​​​​​
Working...
X