X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
    Motive is fluid. You cannot prove motive without prove of culpability, all you can do is speculate. I'm by no means struggling at all as Ripper study has been fun and comes relatively easy to me. I have a legitimate suspect, you have your quaint little ideas of 'motive' and, I've no doubt, your cache of outdated John Douglas books, and we'll leave it at that.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Fair enough Tom. Outdated John Douglas books? I don't even have those....me Granny told me her Granny said it was the Prince and associates.....and that is good enough for me.

Just dipping my toes into the water - and going with logic - if it's not probable I'm not going with it - simple - anything less is self-defeating. I'll come back to you with a proposition in a couple of years time.....and perhaps it'll be your man Le Grand! Certainly sounds an interesting character however.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Motive is fluid. You cannot prove motive without prove of culpability, all you can do is speculate. I'm by no means struggling at all as Ripper study has been fun and comes relatively easy to me. I have a legitimate suspect, you have your quaint little ideas of 'motive' and, I've no doubt, your cache of outdated John Douglas books, and we'll leave it at that.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    Well, by George, if it isn't on google then it must not exist!
    Let your knowledge do your talking Tom - anything less isn't impressive.

My point is/was that the murders do not speak of a career criminal. Nothing to do with viewing Google as the voice of reason.

coupled with the fact that he was a brutal career criminal and pimp (regardless of what google doesn't tell you). Very fishy stuff.
    But this isn't the work of someone 'brutal'. There is a massive disconnect: brutalising living women and a quick kill to get your kicks or or obtain organs - not one and the same.

It was only much later that it was discovered Scotland Yard also suspected Le Grand of the murders to the extent that they dogged him and put him in prison for a very, very long time on charges that generally wouldn't carry the kind of sentence he received.
    Considering Scotland Yard were pretty much clueless - I'd say you're struggling.

I think you need evidence and motive before proceeding.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac
    Just did a quick google search and career criminal? Not convinced.
    Well, by George, if it isn't on google then it must not exist!

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott
    Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us further i am sure there are many on here waiting with baited breath for you disclosure, which of course will be fully documented and corroborated and not be a reference to another opinion given by someone in the distant past.
    What's unique about this case is that I first suspected Le Grand based on his suspicious behavior following the Stride murder, coupled with the fact that he was a brutal career criminal and pimp (regardless of what google doesn't tell you). Very fishy stuff. It was only much later that it was discovered Scotland Yard also suspected Le Grand of the murders to the extent that they dogged him and put him in prison for a very, very long time on charges that generally wouldn't carry the kind of sentence he received. I am by no means convinced that he was Jack the Ripper, as convincing me of someone's guilt would be almost impossible. But it is quite clear to me he's a far, far better suspect than Druitt, Kos, Tumblety, or any of the second and third tier suspects such as Bury, Cutbush, and Chapman, et al.

Against some very good advice I'll be publishing an essay on Le Grand in the next month or two. I probably should hold out until my book is published, but I'm anxious to share what I know with the small circle of serious enthusiasts who read the journals.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Marriott
    replied
    . With the help of a number of researchers I've got tons of info on him, including the fact that Scotland Yard came to regard him as a serious suspect for the Ripper murders. Incidentally, he was the head of the troops for the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Tom

Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten us further i am sure there are many on here waiting with baited breath for you disclosure, which of course will be fully documented and corroborated and not be a reference to another opinion given by someone in the distant past.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied

Hi Mac. Yes, the days and times have been looked at and written about extensively, though such a thing can only be a matter of speculation.
    Is there anything on this site that you can point me to Tom?

Anything will be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    Hi Mac. Yes, the days and times have been looked at and written about extensively, though such a thing can only be a matter of speculation. Charles Le Grand is the guy who found Matthew Packer and engineered his deception of the police. In 1998 researcher Gerry Nixon discovered he was actually a career criminal. I picked up the scent in 2005 and have been following his trail. With the help of a number of researchers I've got tons of info on him, including the fact that Scotland Yard came to regard him as a serious suspect for the Ripper murders. Incidentally, he was the head of the troops for the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Hell Tom...

Sounds unlikely to me.

Just did a quick google search and career criminal? Not convinced. Evidence and motive?

I'd go for someone who was obsessed with one trail of thought - and obsession overrides all else. Much more likely to be someone with a history of violence toward women than a career criminal...or a fantasist playing the detective.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Hi Mac. Yes, the days and times have been looked at and written about extensively, though such a thing can only be a matter of speculation. Charles Le Grand is the guy who found Matthew Packer and engineered his deception of the police. In 1998 researcher Gerry Nixon discovered he was actually a career criminal. I picked up the scent in 2005 and have been following his trail. With the help of a number of researchers I've got tons of info on him, including the fact that Scotland Yard came to regard him as a serious suspect for the Ripper murders. Incidentally, he was the head of the troops for the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Well there is the placement of items at the Chapman scene.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty View Post

Pay day is fairly restrictive, as is a work pattern. There could be many other valid reasons.

Monty
    Pay day? Yes possibly.....though if this was all consuming then you'd keep your pennies. Though I'd accept that if this was a man who killed in drink - inhibitions relaxed - then you'd need money. What do you reckon? Opportunist or predator?

Work pattern? Is this a methodical man?

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    That is a lie Tom, I was nice to you on 14th October 2009. However I was very drunk at the time.

Brown? Possible Brown.....you know how things get distorted.

I like Glee Ally, along with my pipe and Tom baiting, its the only pleasure I have in life.....apart from your Good Self.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
    Freedom to commit the act Monty. It's too much of a stretch to me that a murderer who seems pretty daring would actively choose not to murder during the week.

Any thoughts/ideas?

I don't think he had a choice.
    I agree, there is a reason for a weekend attack. Though we will never know if this is a preference for certain.

Pay day is fairly restrictive, as is a work pattern. There could be many other valid reasons.

Monty

Leave a comment:

• Tom_Wescott
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty
    We just disagree and Stride...the wall writing...the apron....and Glee.
    And Dr. Brown moonlighting as a chef, of course. That's your baby.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

P.S. Monty hasn't been nice to me in two years. That's how I know it's April Fool's Day!

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    replied
    Hi Mac. I'm not sure I have or ever will have an 'end theory', but I've figured an awful lot out regarding the Berner Street murder and have a couple essays published on it and another coming out this month. I think the most likely suspect to date is Charles Le Grand and am starting work on a book about him and the murders. In about 5 or 10 years time, he'll be a very popular suspect. Probably the most popular.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
    Being honest - never heard of him Tom. Will certainly have a read though when the time comes. Have you looked into the days or know of anyone else who has? Anything unusual marries up? Or simply a case that it may mean something but no one has found much of interest? Would appreciate any info.

P.S. Who was Charles le Grand?

Leave a comment:

• Ally
    replied
    Which one of you likes Glee?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X