Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item About To Go On Ebay

Just to give my comrades on here fair warning I am disposing of a lot of my JTR stuff and one particular item is "The Lighter Side of My Official Life" by Anderson.

Not a bad copy binding nice and tight, pages look like they have been chewed rather than cut, but then every edition of this book looks like that! There is some slight water staining to the FFE but nothing too serious.

If anyone wants to grab this before I offer it to the great unwashed, please email me.

Comment

• Jones & Lloyd The Ripper File

I've just posted a nice copy of this book on Ebay at 290309225961

Comment

• Jack the Ripper or the crimes of London

I've just put this up for sale on ebay if anyone is interested in getting a copy.
        It's #32 of 50

Last edited by Debra A; 05-18-2009, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Debra, the link doesn't work (at least for me)

C

Comment

• Try this one Christian

Rob

Comment

• I'm no expert on editions etc, but I got this on e-bay the other day. It arrived this morning. It's hardback, 2nd reprint 1965, cost me £8.99. Is that a decent price? I thought it was.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	janus_cullen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	656959

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bennett View Post
                I'm no expert on editions etc, but I got this on e-bay the other day. It arrived this morning. It's hardback, 2nd reprint 1965, cost me £8.99. Is that a decent price? I thought it was.
                [ATTACH]5549[/ATTACH]
                Bargain. I bet the seller was crying when it went for that.

Comment

I'm no expert on editions etc, but I got this on e-bay the other day. It arrived this morning. It's hardback, 2nd reprint 1965, cost me £8.99. Is that a decent price? I thought it was.
                  It's a fairly decent price, John. A bargain but not a steal. Looks like the jacket is in good condition, though, which is rarer.

You have to consider £8.99 for a desirable old hardback against the usual twice the price for new books and then, of course, you realise it's a great deal. Particularly when most new Ripper books are only worthy of being hung on a hook next to the Thomas Crapper.

Have you got the fun photos of the old folks? He with jewellery apparently bought from Martha Tabram and the old teapot woman?

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
                    Bargain. I bet the seller was crying when it went for that.
                    It was in the BUY IT NOW category. Result!!

Comment

• Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                      Have you got the fun photos of the old folks? He with jewellery apparently bought from Martha Tabram and the old teapot woman?

PHILIP
                      There in the American edition 'When London walked in Terror'

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post

PHILIP
                        Got teapot woman, but no jewellery. Lots of images that aren't in my 1973 paperback, mind.

Comment

• Cheers for noticing that Christian, and thanks for the new working link Rob...can't see any difference in your link and mine though just by looking at it!

Comment

I'm no expert on editions etc, ...
                            John,

I recently got a not-particularly-well-kept copy of this book from that funny cafe-cum-bookshop near Limehouse Station for £1.

Regards,

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by m_w_r View Post

I recently got a not-particularly-well-kept copy of this book from that funny cafe-cum-bookshop near Limehouse Station
                              That's just a front for the opium den at the back, Mark.
                              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

[ATTACH]5549[/ATTACH]
                                Waste of money, John

You could have had a Big Mac Meal and a pint of best for that.
                                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                                X