Note in Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
    I think we're being 'remarkably' patient don't you.......
    I was a doctor 'til I lost my patience...
    By the way does anyone have any info on MJK's boy, variously described as 6-7 yr old & 10-11 yr old in 2 different papers at the time?
    Regards,
    Peter.

Comment

Been slummin' over on Jtr, concensus of my family members is that the note in the bible was probably crafted by my mother, who dabbled as a promising artist in the late 1930's, did a passable copy of "The Laughing Cavalier" in 1937 while pregnant, bit of a poet & writer too, must publish an anthology of her work one day,
      Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Bible

On scrupulously re-examining this bible I find that there is an inscription on the opening flyleaf that says:
        Susie Rixon
        April 1887
        Being an unusual surname I shall endeavour to glean some family info from various censuses of that time.
        I seem to remember a lodging-house keeper of that name and a court case somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Peter F Young View Post
          On scrupulously re-examining this bible I find that there is an inscription on the opening flyleaf that says:
          Susie Rixon
          April 1887
          Being an unusual surname I shall endeavour to glean some family info from various censuses of that time.
          I seem to remember a lodging-house keeper of that name and a court case somewhere...
          Hello Peter,

I seem to recall something to do with Joseph Fleming, and a Fanny Rickson, who worked at the Coach and Horses... but I could be mistaken.

best wishes

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
          X