Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspicious about the Ripper Walk I took...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is he??
    In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

Originally posted by KatBradshaw View Post
      Who is he??
      A Google search reveals all.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Nah that guy's -'An Expert Ripperologist' and 'King of the Witches'...bugger forgot that!! Gareth!!!!!!!!!! Have you nothing better to do on a Sunday evening than Google (!!!!) JPdL....You'll go blind in the end- blind at BOTH ends at this rate!!!!

Hugs

Suz 'n Dids
        'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Oh good God!

Comment

Who is he??
            Kat- You're going to wish you'd never asked!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh good God!
              Oh yes!! that's another of his pseudonyms!

God(!) Philip hope he's not flattered by this 'er attention! AND bloody hell DONT click on the 3rd one down with the 'er MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by Suzi; 07-20-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks to Sam I have just taken a look at his website.

The quote 'most unique of walking tours' - The Journal of the Whitechapel Society August 2006 should be taken with a pinch of salt. It has been taken completely out of context ( as most quotes are).

The Society embarked on a mission to attend all tours and award them 'daggers' in respect of accuracy, humour etc. I can assure you that
                J P d-L tour would have had MINUS 10 daggers and a request for our money to be refunded.

Be warned - never attach yourself to a tour that is starting at the Tower Gateway at 7pm - all the accredited walks start at 7.30

Coral

Comment

There are some interesting ghost walks here in York and so I was wary when I went to the East End. It was the non british tourists who I felt for. Mind you they probably enjoyed it more because they didn't know it was not true. When 'From Hell' came out no one would go and see it with me because they said I would complain the whole way through. They were right.

Comment

Or maybe just THE ONE dagger Coral!!!-nicely placed- that should do it....mind you just our luck to be caught carrying it and get 2 years in the chokey!!! (Not as bad as being caught in possession of a packet of cigs though!!)

Suzi x

Comment

Wait, wait! Hold on, everybody. What does he say that's re horribly inaccurate?
                      What's all this then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                        A Google search reveals all.
                        Sweet mercy, that's hilarious!

Did I read incorrectly somehow, or does it actually say on there that Stride and Coles were killed on the same spot? Genius! I was in fits over the spelling and typos alone.

Did it ever occur to y'all in the area to maybe get a group together, take the tour en masse and show him up? Could be fun! Either way, when (if) I ever make it London, I might go along for a giggle, tho I suppose that's encouraging him...

B.
                        Bailey
                        Wellington, New Zealand
                        hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                        www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Trouble is Bailey- he knows us all!!! It'd have to be a total disguise job---but there again that may be amusing.............

Comment

Originally posted by emlodik View Post
                            Wait, wait! Hold on, everybody. What does he say that's re horribly inaccurate?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggg gggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!! did I just read that??!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Bailey

Yes we have all had 'fits' about the typos etc. He has also 'published' .(being a very loose interpretation of the word) three books - and it is exactly the same. For some reason he gave me his original manuscripts - still cant think what to do with them. Maybe a bit of fund-raising comes to mind.

He is one obnoxious little guy who, being a member of the WS, annoys us once a month.

Last Saturday a group of us met up in the Aldgate Exchange for an informal meeting with a friend from Germany. While smoking 'the evil weed' outside we spotted the aforesaid and we all dashed inside & to hide under a table.

Coral

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey View Post
                                Did it ever occur to y'all in the area to maybe get a group together, take the tour en masse and show him up?
                                ...at those prices? Oy!
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X