Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin Fido discovery 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Monty View Post
    WTF?

    As merely stated, not everyone attended the event. So how can it be noticed?

    Monty
    What?? No one on here attended a event conference in the east end? Or even heard about it word of mouth? That is laughable. I heard there was rivalries with something to do with the convention organizers if it is true.

    Comment


    • #17
      There are currently 3 pages on The East End Conference 2018: London and it has not even happened yet. same on the other JTR forum. coincidence? must be a masonic conspiracy?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Krinoid View Post
        What?? No one on here attended a event conference in the east end? Or even heard about it word of mouth? That is laughable. I heard there was rivalries with something to do with the convention organizers if it is true.
        Wait a mo'. How did "not everyone here" suddenly transcibe to "no-one here"?
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Krinoid View Post
          What?? No one on here attended a event conference in the east end? Or even heard about it word of mouth? That is laughable. I heard there was rivalries with something to do with the convention organizers if it is true.
          What’s all this to do with Martins new revelation?

          You heard huh?

          You have heard what? 100 people attending the conference last month, the majority of whom are newbies to the case, recruited vi the hijacking various Facebook groups.

          The reason that conference is not mentioned here, yet the East End Conference is, is because the organisers of the 2018 EE conf didn’t threaten the wife of the owner of this site, or to have a prominent Ripperologist beaten up, nor lied to their delegates nor demanded that a Podcast to break up a working agreement by lying about speakers, claiming unless they complied, publishers “have already agreed with him” that their authors would NOT appear on their show (this despite sending mentioned authors a message admitting it was all bullshit, and that it was done to put the squeeze on the podcasts ownership). All of this lead to the banning of that conference from this website.

          I could carry on. However...

          The 2018 East End Conf was organised as an alternative, for those who wish to have nothing to do with the organisers of the Jack the Ripper True Crime once in a lifetime couldn’t do it all without the support of the field free wine reception or whatever it’s called this week conference.

          All of which has nothing to do with Martin Fidos great revelation. Which is unfortunate.

          Monty.
          Last edited by Monty; 10-24-2018, 11:02 PM.




          Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

          http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

          Comment


          • #20
            Dear Jonathan,
            Big revelations! Really a re-run of something I said years ago, that while most of Jack l'Eventreur is manifest fictions, there are obvious suggestions at the beginning that he really did have some interesting information deriving from the original police work on the case, and this was conclusively proved when Adrian Phypers established that the MJK photographs and the Frances Coles mortuary photograph were taken by a photographer who was, as Dorsenne had said, an active musician playing in East End music halls and clubs. This in turn means that we need to take seriously his remark that it was only Sergeant Thick who identified Pizer as Leather Apron, and since the identification was challenged by Pizer and denied by his neighbors, it is safe to assume that he was never a real suspect, but a necessary Jew who could be proven innocent to damp down the threat of race riots provoked by the knowledge that the police thought the Ripper was a Jewish.
            Strangely, the only person who has endorsed this is Bruce Robinson in his generally extremely silly They All Love Jack..

            Best,
            Martin F

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jmenges View Post
              Dear Jonathan,
              Big revelations! Really a re-run of something I said years ago, that while most of Jack l'Eventreur is manifest fictions, there are obvious suggestions at the beginning that he really did have some interesting information deriving from the original police work on the case, and this was conclusively proved when Adrian Phypers established that the MJK photographs and the Frances Coles mortuary photograph were taken by a photographer who was, as Dorsenne had said, an active musician playing in East End music halls and clubs. This in turn means that we need to take seriously his remark that it was only Sergeant Thick who identified Pizer as Leather Apron, and since the identification was challenged by Pizer and denied by his neighbors, it is safe to assume that he was never a real suspect, but a necessary Jew who could be proven innocent to damp down the threat of race riots provoked by the knowledge that the police thought the Ripper was a Jewish.
              Strangely, the only person who has endorsed this is Bruce Robinson in his generally extremely silly They All Love Jack..

              Best,
              Martin F

              It was Pizer's family and near neighbours who denied he was known as Leather Apron. But it was the lodging house women of Spitalfields who raised the spectre of Leather Apron. If Pizer was the man so called, why would his family know? Were they also habitues of seedy doss houses? One of his neighbours, a local publican, described Pizer as a wastrel who was 'fond of women' and wore his leather apron whether he was in work or not. And he was also denounced by several women in Church Street, one of whom he admitted was always bothering him.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                Dear Jonathan,
                Big revelations! Really a re-run of something I said years ago, that while most of Jack l'Eventreur is manifest fictions, there are obvious suggestions at the beginning that he really did have some interesting information deriving from the original police work on the case, and this was conclusively proved when Adrian Phypers established that the MJK photographs and the Frances Coles mortuary photograph were taken by a photographer who was, as Dorsenne had said, an active musician playing in East End music halls and clubs. This in turn means that we need to take seriously his remark that it was only Sergeant Thick who identified Pizer as Leather Apron, and since the identification was challenged by Pizer and denied by his neighbors, it is safe to assume that he was never a real suspect, but a necessary Jew who could be proven innocent to damp down the threat of race riots provoked by the knowledge that the police thought the Ripper was a Jewish.
                Strangely, the only person who has endorsed this is Bruce Robinson in his generally extremely silly They All Love Jack..

                Best,
                Martin F
                Thanks for this update. I agree on the generally extremely silly statement about that book's hypothesis.

                The first JtR book I ever read was Crimes, Detection and Death of Jack the Ripper.

                Still important today what with Kozminski still a favorite.
                Bona fide canonical and then some.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                  It was Pizer's family and near neighbours who denied he was known as Leather Apron. But it was the lodging house women of Spitalfields who raised the spectre of Leather Apron. If Pizer was the man so called, why would his family know? Were they also habitues of seedy doss houses? One of his neighbours, a local publican, described Pizer as a wastrel who was 'fond of women' and wore his leather apron whether he was in work or not. And he was also denounced by several women in Church Street, one of whom he admitted was always bothering him.
                  not to mention he admitted to being Leather Apron, under oath and documented.
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

                  -Edgar Allan Poe


                  "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                  -Frederick G. Abberline

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    not to mention he admitted to being Leather Apron, under oath and documented.
                    Ah, but pressure was put on him by that arch-villian, Johnny Upright, an agent of the Whitechapel Murderer's Appreciation Society. Or possibly not.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                      Ah, but pressure was put on him by that arch-villian, Johnny Upright, an agent of the Whitechapel Murderer's Appreciation Society. Or possibly not.
                      LOL!!
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

                      -Edgar Allan Poe


                      "...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

                      -Frederick G. Abberline

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                        Dear Jonathan,
                        Big revelations! Really a re-run of something I said years ago, that while most of Jack l'Eventreur is manifest fictions, there are obvious suggestions at the beginning that he really did have some interesting information deriving from the original police work on the case, and this was conclusively proved when Adrian Phypers established that the MJK photographs and the Frances Coles mortuary photograph were taken by a photographer who was, as Dorsenne had said, an active musician playing in East End music halls and clubs. This in turn means that we need to take seriously his remark that it was only Sergeant Thick who identified Pizer as Leather Apron, and since the identification was challenged by Pizer and denied by his neighbors, it is safe to assume that he was never a real suspect, but a necessary Jew who could be proven innocent to damp down the threat of race riots provoked by the knowledge that the police thought the Ripper was a Jewish.
                        Strangely, the only person who has endorsed this is Bruce Robinson in his generally extremely silly They All Love Jack..

                        Best,
                        Martin F
                        Thought it was Rob Mac who established Joseph Martin as the photographer.

                        Monty
                        🙂




                        Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

                        http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Never a real suspect? As opposed to a false one?

                          If only Martin paid heed to his 1995 WS talk

                          Pizer was clearly, in the initial stages, a person of interest to the police.

                          Monty
                          🙂




                          Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Unless you believe in a conspiracy involving William Thick and the Church Street (Hanbury Street) women, then there is corroboration for Thick's identification of Pizer as LA. Add to that Pizer's neighbour thinking it noteworthy to mention his bad character and habitual wearing of said apron and it's case closed IMO. It was perfectly reasonable for Thick, who had lived very close to the Pizer's for some time, to think Pizer might be the LA being gossiped about by the lodging house women.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Monty View Post
                              Thought it was Rob Mac who established Joseph Martin as the photographer.

                              Monty
                              ��
                              I believe Adrian was the first to discover Joseph Martin's obituary which mentions him as the Met police mortuary photographer, as well as the interview where Martin specifically mentions taking the Ripper victim photographs (except Eddowes). RJM ties Martin to not only the Met mortuary photos but the crime scene photos in Millers Court.

                              JM

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Hi Monty,

                                Just read your Post #19.

                                What a sorry state of affairs.

                                Trust you're well.

                                Simon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X