Apple Bookstore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Bookstore?

Does anyone know anything about Apple Books and how to delete them?

It appears that there are 2 ways of doing it, neither of them work.

1st I click on edit, select the book(s) then click on ‘remove’, (with the sign of the bin) all that then comes up is ‘hide this book.’)

2nd I click on the 3 dots for the drop down menu. I then click on the same ‘remove’ but it still only comes up ‘hide this book.’)

Is nothing straightforward?
    Regards

Herlock

“All conspiracy theories are the product of the subconscious attempt of an ignorant yet creative mind to counteract the fear of the unknown with the tales of fantasy.” Abhijit Naskar.

“Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason - they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple with their wingnut delusions.” Mick Herron.

”The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.” Shannon L. Alder.

Hi Herlock.
    This used to be possible, unfortunately since one of the later Apple updates occurred you can only hide them or delete from device.
    it might be possible if you sign into your Apple iTunes account on a computer but I’m not definite about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yabs View Post
      Hi Herlock.
      This used to be possible, unfortunately since one of the later Apple updates occurred you can only hide them or delete from device.
      it might be possible if you sign into your Apple iTunes account on a computer but I’m not definite about that.
      Cheers Yabs,

So my iPad memory is being taken up by books that I no longer want and can’t get rid of? That’s weird.
      Regards

Herlock

“All conspiracy theories are the product of the subconscious attempt of an ignorant yet creative mind to counteract the fear of the unknown with the tales of fantasy.” Abhijit Naskar.

“Conspiracy theorists, she knew, were paranoid by definition, and usually with good reason - they were indeed being watched, largely because they were standing on an upturned bucket, haranguing the sheeple with their wingnut delusions.” Mick Herron.

”The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.” Shannon L. Alder.

Comment

You should still have an option to delete from the device just not from iCloud.
        This link might be of help to you
        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eas...om-ibooks.html

Comment

You should still have an option to delete from the device just not from iCloud.
          This link might be of help to you
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eas...om-ibooks.html
          Thanks Yabs but it’s all Greek to me. I haven’t a clue what it all means. I click on ‘remove download’ for example but I don’t know what it means because the book is still there. And what’s the point of ‘hiding’ a book, isn’t that still taking up ‘space.’ Why can’t they make these things simple?
          Regards

Herlock

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E82BB669-E76A-447B-9648-72CAD6A4F22F.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	761976 Yeah I agree they don’t make some things simple.
            if you delete the book but can still see it, it has been removed from the device, it looks as though it is still there, but that is only the cover image which will always stay visible should you want to click on it and re-download it.

Also, I’m not sure deleting books is going to free up much space on your device as they are usually very small in size, a megabyte or two.
            I would go to the SETTINGS icon and click on GENERAL scroll down to IPhone/IPad STORAGE and that should tell you where all the memory is being taken up

Last edited by Yabs; 07-08-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

You know them pensioner friendly phones, with the big buttons and easy access emergency contacts? Herlock?
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                You know them pensioner friendly phones, with the big buttons and easy access emergency contacts? Herlock?
                Yes, thanks for that Al.
                Regards

Herlock

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E82BB669-E76A-447B-9648-72CAD6A4F22F.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	761976 Yeah I agree they don’t make some things simple.
                  if you delete the book but can still see it, it has been removed from the device, it looks as though it is still there, but that is only the cover image which will always stay visible should you want to click on it and re-download it.

Also, I’m not sure deleting books is going to free up much space on your device as they are usually very small in size, a megabyte or two.
                  I would go to the SETTINGS icon and click on GENERAL scroll down to IPhone/IPad STORAGE and that should tell you where all the memory is being taken up
                  I’ll leave it as it is Yabs thanks. From what you say and from what I’ve read it makes next to no difference.
                  Regards

Herlock

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Yes, thanks for that Al.
                    I love Yabs' close up of the 'settings' icon. Bless.
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

I love Yabs' close up of the 'settings' icon. Bless.
                      Was Yabs being sarcastic

That’s my job
                      Regards

Herlock

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Was Yabs being sarcastic

That’s my job
                        No, totally serious. A close up. "It's there". Honestly, technology is not your strong point.
                        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                        X