Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy to suppress the identity of JTR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    Hi c.d.,

Provide incontrovertible evidence that the Millers Court victim was a prostitute, and I'll treat you to a bottle of your favourite tipple.

The police didn't want to discourage the public from spreading rumors about Jack.

In fact, the more the merrier. Which is why, seven years later, the mystery trundled on.

Regards,

Simon
    Hello Simon,

Well, let me turn it around and ask you what evidence you would accept? You say "Millers Court victim." Are you describing someone other than Mary Kelly?

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      I think that there were a couple of men that Fall that were glad to have this mad killer at large to take the blame. The men at the International Club for one. One wonders whether the effort to make Mary Jane Kelly almost unrecognizable to even her recent live in might be something to consider here.
      Hello Michael,

But this "mad killer at large" was unidentified and therefore could have been anyone including the men at The International Club.

c.d.

Comment

To cover some vast conspiracy no, to cover up a bit of incompetence here and there maybe? Has there ever been an example of the case of another serial killer that has had wild conspiracies linked to it, involving cover ups or famous people? Certainly cannot think of one?

Tristan
        Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by Losmandris View Post
          To cover some vast conspiracy no, to cover up a bit of incompetence here and there maybe? Has there ever been an example of the case of another serial killer that has had wild conspiracies linked to it, involving cover ups or famous people? Certainly cannot think of one?

Tristan
          Hi Tristan,

What you say is very reasonable and plausible.

I think most people think like you that "there's nothing to see here, move along".

Some don't, like me.

BTW my views expressed here on CB are, for the best part, based on my research into my own candidate.

regards,

Martyn

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Hello Michael,

But knew him how is the question? It could have been somebody she met just a few days prior.

c.d.
            I think cd that we have a situation where its most probable that Mary knew this person well, and that she probably knew him when Barnett still lived there. The scene...Mary in her tiny room, still drunk or starting her hangover, undressed, and in the middle of the night...hardly the time anyone would entertain someone she didn't know very well. We do not have a report of Mary entering that room with any man aside from Blotchy since Joe left...unless you want to include Hutchinsons man, so having a man in that room at that time of night under those circumstances is relevant to the question of her knowing the person.
            Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Hi Tristan,

What you say is very reasonable and plausible.

I think most people think like you that "there's nothing to see here, move along".

Some don't, like me.

BTW my views expressed here on CB are, for the best part, based on my research into my own candidate.

regards,

Martyn
              I mean if Ted Bundy had never been caught, would anyone have every given credit to a theory that the murders had been carried out by Nixon or a member of the senate or a member of Jackson 5? I seriously doubt it. The fact that JtR was never caught has seemed to have given licence to accuse anyone, the only requirement being that they had to be alive at the time.

Tristan
              Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

I mean if Ted Bundy had never been caught, would anyone have every given credit to a theory that the murders had been carried out by Nixon or a member of the senate or a member of Jackson 5? I seriously doubt it. The fact that JtR was never caught has seemed to have given licence to accuse anyone, the only requirement being that they had to be alive at the time.

Tristan
                I dont know...Nixon was rather tricky....

Martyn

Comment

Tristan
                  Hear hear

There seems to be something about the Ripper murders that attracts conspiracy theory. Is it because it was the 'original' serial murder case? Is it because Victorian London lends itself so easily to political intrigue? Who knows! The idea that a knife-wielding lunatic was butchering women for jollies is too simplistic for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post

Hear hear

There seems to be something about the Ripper murders that attracts conspiracy theory. Is it because it was the 'original' serial murder case? Is it because Victorian London lends itself so easily to political intrigue? Who knows! The idea that a knife-wielding lunatic was butchering women for jollies is too simplistic for some people.
                    I totally agree. Maybe it is just because so much time has passed without any real conclusions. I very doubt that at the time either the police or the public thought it was anybody but a local psychopath.

Tristan
                    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

• If it was someone like Kosminski, then I could see the Police trying to suppress JTR's identity. They would not want to have another riot on their hands. That is the only scenario though where I could see that happening. In any other circumstance they probably would of been quite keen to broadcast that they had caught JTR.

Comment

• Some argue that the JFK conspiracies come about because most people just can't believe that such a profound/important event could possibly be attributed to a lone gunman for such a pointless reason. It is possible the same can be said about the Ripper Murders. Many just can't accept that something that has lasted this long in the public mind can be the result of nothing more than an unimportant and sad individual. They think, "There just has to be more to it." -- But there probably isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post
                          Some argue that the JFK conspiracies come about because most people just can't believe that such a profound/important event could possibly be attributed to a lone gunman for such a pointless reason. It is possible the same can be said about the Ripper Murders. Many just can't accept that something that has lasted this long in the public mind can be the result of nothing more than an unimportant and sad individual. They think, "There just has to be more to it." -- But there probably isn't.
                          I think you are right. There are just too many good elements almost not for the story to not become wrapped up in fantasy/conspiracy. It has now become so romanticised almost, its difficult sometimes to remind ourselves just how grim and straightforward it was back then.

No big story, no conspiracy just human frailty and limitations mixed with a hell of a lot of luck on the part of the killer.

Tristan
                          Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

• Some argue that the JFK conspiracies come about because most people just can't believe that such a profound/important event could possibly be attributed to a lone gunman for such a pointless reason. It is possible the same can be said about the Ripper Murders. Many just can't accept that something that has lasted this long in the public mind can be the result of nothing more than an unimportant and sad individual. They think, "There just has to be more to it." -- But there probably isn't.
                            You have it back to front, ''Oswald'' was the conspiracy
                            'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Hello Michael,

But this "mad killer at large" was unidentified and therefore could have been anyone including the men at The International Club.

c.d.
                              The man who killed Liz Stride was obviously not interested in mutilating her after the single throat cut, therefore was not the "mad" killer on the loose.
                              Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by FISHY1118 View Post

You have it back to front, ''Oswald'' was the conspiracy
                                If you mean he was "the story" put forward, then I agree with you. What really happened there is something much broader and insidious.
                                Michael Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X