Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conspiracy to suppress the identity of JTR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by APerno View Post

Yes I meant stabbing, but was unaware that they were considered accidental.
    I should make clear that it's my view that any stabs would have been largely accidental, "collateral damage" caused by a combination of slips of the knife and/or punctures inflicted in the course of opening up the abdomen or extracting organs.

Re the stabbed liver - are you thinking of Martha Tabram, whose liver was punctured five times?
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      Hi Jon,

Yes, I did.

Perhaps because the police wanted it to be a Ripper murder.

Newspapers carried much of what the police required them to print.

Regards,

Simon
      Hi Simon.

Most of the London press complained in print that the police tell them nothing, you'll likely tell me that was just a cover.
      Though I have to ask, is it necessary to come up with such a complicated plot?
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

How did the press learn that Millers Court was a "Ripper" murder?

Somebody must have told them.
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Hi Simon.

This is what the first evening edition of the Star reported:
          "...from the daring manner in which the murder has been committed, there seems little doubt that the murderer is the man who has given Whitechapel a regular succession of horrors"

The Echo, began with comments like this:
          "...There has been another terrible crime in the East-end - a crime surrounded by all the horror associated with the recent tragedies in the same district, ..... and that under circumstances whose mystery is as deep as that connected with the previous crimes......... This suspicion is sharpened by the fact that the scene of his last terrible exploit - presuming it be his exploit,".....etc. etc.

The Evening News was equally cautious:
          https://www.casebook.org/press_repor.../18881109.html

I don't see anyone jumping to conclusions, none mentioned "The Ripper".

What are you seeing?
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Jon,

Yep, but they all finally agreed the Ripper had struck again.

It doesn't matter a jot whether you call the Millers Court murderer the "Ripper" or the "man who has given Whitechapel a regular succession of horrors." There can be no doubt who people were talking about.

So, who told the press that this was undoubtedly the man who committed the Millers Court murder?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon.

My previous post answered that question - "no-one". The crime scene spoke for itself, as evidenced by three separate press accounts.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Jon,

The press decided for themselves that Millers Court was a "Ripper" murder?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi John G,

You bring up a very interesting matter.

Allegedly, nobody knew the author of the Millers Court murder.

Therefore, could the police have blamed the murder on someone other than the Ripper? Could they have got away with saying, "This murder is hideous, unprecedented in the annals of crime, and we can't imagine who might have committed such a dastardly deed?"

Could they also have got away with saying, "This murder bears certain similarities to some of those committed in Whitechapel over a month ago, and we are working diligently to see if we can establish some sort of connection?"
                  I don't think either of those would have gone over very well with the public. The police had some credibility issues already.

- Ginger

Comment

Hi Ginger,

Why not?

How would the public have known it was a "Ripper" crime unless the police had told them?

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Ginger,

Why not?

How would the public have known it was a "Ripper" crime unless the police had told them?

Regards,

Simon
                      I think "woman disembowelled" in that place and time was pretty much going to be assumed to be a Ripper murder, barring some feature of the crime which would have put it into a different category in the popular mind. I'm making no assertion about whether it was or wasn't (FWIW, I think it was), but I see little chance of it being seen as anything else by the public.
                      - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
                        Then there's the Dorset Street trio, Kelly, Ronan and Austin? Could they be linked? If not, and Kelly was a Ripper victim, who killed Ronan and Kelly
                        I thought a labourer called Harold Hall was tried and convicted of Kitty's murder? One newspaper says he was sentenced to death but I don't know if that's been verified.

Kitty was killed in the room directly above MJK, right? If it was the Ripper, maybe he returned to Miller's Court for old times sake? To the place where he committed his 'masterpiece'. I'm just speculating out of my ass here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

I think "woman disembowelled" in that place and time was pretty much going to be assumed to be a Ripper murder, barring some feature of the crime which would have put it into a different category in the popular mind. I'm making no assertion about whether it was or wasn't (FWIW, I think it was), but I see little chance of it being seen as anything else by the public.
                          Just want to throw my two cents in and agree with you. If the public could convince themselves that Liz Stride was a Ripper victim, no way was anyone convincing anyone that Mary Kelly wasn't a Ripper victim.

RE "put it in a different category" -- even then I doubt it, there were more than enough differences with the Eddowes slaying to claim a separate killer, but she instantly became a Ripper victim (well as soon as Baxter claimed her as such, anyway.)

Hell I suspect that if both the police and newspapers claimed different the public still would have considered her a Ripper victim.

Comment

Hi Ginger,

Why not?

Regards,

Simon
                            Hello Simon,

The key word in your question is "known." Certainly once the grisly details of her murder and mutilation were reported in the papers it certainly wouldn't take a huge leap of faith for people to link her murders to previous ones in Whitechapel and conclude that the same murderer (i.e, the Ripper) had struck again.

c.d.

Comment

Hi Jon,

The press decided for themselves that Millers Court was a "Ripper" murder?

Regards,

Simon
                              Hi Simon.

I don't know where you are going with this.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Warren had already planned to resign on November 9th. Had he known that another Ripper victim would be killed on that day?

Comment

Working...
                                X