AP Wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP Wolf

I’ve been informed that AP Wolf (Paul Webb) has died.
    Author of the book ‘Jack the Myth’ who many years ago was frequent contributor to Casebook and JtRForums, as well as having made appearances on Rippercast, until he managed to get himself banned from all three places. He had friends in Ripperology and occasionally I was one of them. He had his detractors, too, and occasionally I was one of them also.
    A unique thinker and researcher.

28.11.1951 - 03.06.2024

Rest in Peace,

JM

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
    I’ve been informed that AP Wolf (Paul Webb) has died.
    Author of the book ‘Jack the Myth’ who many years ago was frequent contributor to Casebook and JtRForums, as well as having made appearances on Rippercast, until he managed to get himself banned from all three places. He had friends in Ripperology and occasionally I was one of them. He had his detractors, too, and occasionally I was one of them also.
    A unique thinker and researcher.

28.11.1951 - 03.06.2024

Rest in Peace,

JM
    God bless

Comment

So sorry to hear this. AP was a free and generous spirit, sometimes controversial, a little bit complicated but always entertaining. He always had words of encouragement for me when I first started in the subject and I will never forget that.
      AP and Robert Linford, sadly also gone, were an amazing double act. I always remember AP telling Robert he would need to put glitter on his anorak if he was going to go to Brighton to do research on the seaside home. The end of an era for me.

Rest, as you lived AP, in peace.
      Last edited by Debra A; 06-13-2024, 07:56 PM.

Comment

AP and I clashed often. However this news does sadden me. As Debs states, an end of an era.

His use of Winnie the Pooh quotes for his chapter titles in Jack the Myth summed him up. And were personally inspiring.

Sad day
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I’ve read many threads over on JtRForums with interest where he was posting. Lively stuff. Debs and Monty summed him up far better than I ever could. It feels like another little part of my own history has gone. Very sad (and only 73)
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Sad to hear this. I recall his contributions from years ago. Always had something interesting to offer. Condolences to his friends and family.

- Jeff

Comment

Sad news. Goodbye AP
              Last edited by Jon Guy; 06-14-2024, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Although I (politely) jousted with AP at times, he was never less than interesting and quite a character. RIP
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Remember him well from the old days

Comment

The few times he and I exchanged views were always entertaining - a special character. A sad day, indeed.
                    "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                    Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

RIP Sir.. fly high.

Comment

Condolences to AP's family and friends at this sad time.

May I ask, did AP have a favoured suspect in the case?

RD
                        "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post
                          Condolences to AP's family and friends at this sad time.

May I ask, did AP have a favoured suspect in the case?

RD
                          You can actually read his book here RD. Howard posted it on JtRForums with AP’s permission. Or you can skip to the end.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

You can actually read his book here RD. Howard posted it on JtRForums with AP’s permission. Or you can skip to the end.

https://www.jtrforums.com/forum/ripp...701#post410701
                            Amazing, thank you!

RD
                            "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Amazing, thank you!

RD
                              No problem. I only saw Howard’s post recently.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                              X