Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Vanderlinden
    replied
    This is very sad news. He will be greatly missed.

Wolf.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Very sorry to hear that sad news, Robert was one of a kind, always enjoyed his one-liners.

Leave a comment:

• caz
    replied
    Very sad news indeed. Robert was one of the funniest, wisest and calmest contributors to the message boards I have known in all the years I've been reading along.

I'd like to think of him now, having a chuckle and a good old chinwag with dear Suzi Hanney, remembering the old times and the banter. Suzi will be bringing him endless cups of tea while she'll be enjoying the harder stuff.

I'll be raising a glass or two of something later on to our departed friends.

Love,

Caz
    X

Leave a comment:

• Fisherman
    replied
    As witty as he was knowledgeable. I canīt think of anybody else who has disagreed with me with as much style and eloquence as Robert. Heīll be sorely missed out here.

Leave a comment:

• Al Bundy's Eyes
    replied
    Sad news. Veteran researcher and a very funny guy. Rest in Peace.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I had a look on JTRForums yesterday and noticed Gary Barnett commenting on Robert’s continued absence.

This is terrible news. I exchanged a few pm’s with Robert around a year or so ago and he was friendly, helpful and generous as he always was on the boards (not forgetting his great sense of humour.) He was also very knowledgeable and obviously an excellent researcher. My sympathy goes to his family and of course those over on JTRForums who knew him so well. I always thought of Robert, Gary and Debra as the Three Musketeers of Ripper research.

He will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• jmenges
    replied
    Terrible news. I’m at a loss for words. Unreal.

JM

Leave a comment:

• DJA
    replied
    RIP Robert.

Shall miss your insights and sense of humor.
    Last edited by DJA; 12-08-2020, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    started a topic Robert Linford

Robert Linford

We received word this morning that longtime Casebook poster and dedicated researcher Robert Linford (username: Robert) has passed away, due to complications from COPD and Covid. We were very sorry to hear of his passing and he will be missed.
Working...
X