No announcement yet.

Rip Don Souden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful, and very moving. Thanks, Archaic.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi Sam. You're welcome.

It just hit me all over again how much I miss Supe, or as I called him "Soupy" after 'Soupy Sales', an American comedian/famous goofball.

One of Don's big plans was to take his friends on a tour all over Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc. His idea was to follow the path of George Washington's Army. He knew the route and wanted to follow it in historical sequence.

That trip was to be the warmup for the biggie: our World Tour starting in London, then dropping in to visit friends & historic sites all around the globe. He wanted to see every possible Ripper site.

I hope he's visiting them now.

Don had an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, which he kept to the very end. I admire that.

Take care,
      Bunny

Comment

Bunny

So sorry to hear of your neck surgery and the pain.

Please take care, I know what you’re going through.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thank you Gut, that's very kind.

If you've been through it too we're both officially Cyborgs now.

B.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
            Thank you Gut, that's very kind.

If you've been through it too we're both officially Cyborgs now.

B.
            I haven’t been through the surgery, they say my spine is too far gone for that. But the pain.... yeah very familiar with that, just been through two more MRIs and after two years looking at wheelchairs again.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

There is a fine tribute to Supe in this month's issue of Ripperologist including a couple of Don's most thought provoking articles. Thank you Adam Wood for putting this together. And thank you, Bunny for the images of Don's final resting place.
              Best Wishes,
              Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Well I sure hope Don's still somewhere, preparing the latest issue of the Afterlife Examiner. Let's face it, by the time they die many people have done all they wanted to do - by which I mean, all they REALLY wanted to do. But Don wasn't even halfway finished.

Take care of yourself, Bunny. You too, GUT.

Comment

Working...
                X