Warren and the cover-up of the murder of the Palmer party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren and the cover-up of the murder of the Palmer party

Just before sunset on August 8th 1882 HMS Cockatrice, a small paddle wheel gunboat, appeared off the Egyptian shore. A rowing boat was lowered down its side and slowly moved towards the beach. On its arrival, six men and a teenage boy alighted. Three of the group were British, all dressed as Arabs, two were Bedouin tribesmen, one a Jew and one a Syrian. The following morning, this mismatched party set off for the desert, taking with them two boxes of dynamite and £3,000 in gold coin. Five of them were never seen again.

My book ‘These Chivalrous Brothers. The Mysterious Disappearance of the 1882 Palmer Sinai Expedition’ is to be published on January 29th.The book recounts for the first time the story of the Palmer Sinai Expedition, a spying and terrorist mission that ended in the murder of its participants and was one of the great cause célèbre of the nineteenth century. The ‘murderers’ were brought to justice by Charles Warren and the book shows how Warren covered up what really happened. It will thus be of interest to those who believe Warren was also involved in the cover-up of the Ripper murders. Further information can be found at:

I've always been interested in the history of the British in Egypt in the last quarter of the 19th century. Thanks for posting. I'll keep an eye out for this book and for Charles Warren's part in the discovery of what happened to the Palmer expedition. Sounds intriguing!

Comment

very interesting. Always interested in early black ops theories and their aftermath.
      Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Under "Social Chat" I left a comment on the thread about this new book that I wrote an account in "The Criminologist" years ago under the title of "The Making of the Commissioner". It was published in 1988.

Comment

Are there two threads on this?

I thought I'd posted about family members on Cockatrice.

Must go looking.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Great stuff! Will these be available in Australia?
            Normally we have to wait months for new books.
            dustymiller
            aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by Sunderland View Post
              The ‘murderers’ were brought to justice by Charles Warren and the book shows how Warren covered up what really happened. It will thus be of interest to those who believe Warren was also involved in the cover-up of the Ripper murders.
              During modern research on Herodian history,I came across Warren's Shaft.

Always had a theory about Jack the Ripper.

Warren's interest in Packer and his subsequent change of story has been of considerable interest.

Sounds like an interesting read.

Best of luck!
              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Working...
              X