known/unknown documents/photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• known/unknown documents/photos

just a quick few questions, though hopefully not with a quick answer...

exactly which documents do we know are missing?

do we know the content of any of these?

are there any clues as to their whereabouts? (obviously discount those which were destroyed)

thanks guys

joel
    if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Hi Joel,

We do know that a quantity of Scotland Yard files went missing when they were transfered tothe National Srchive in the 1980's, a detailed list can be found in the "JTR A-Z" as well as Stewart Evans "Ultimate Sourcebook".

For my part I beleive that the coroners's inquest papers for Montague Druit might still exist, but goodness only knows were. Robert Linford, Dave O'Flaherty and myself went looking for them a couple of years ago and found that on the death of the Coroner, Dr. Diplock, all his papers became the property of his son. The London County Council invited the son to donate the papers to their archive, but he declined and tried to sell them to the LCC instead. Twenty years later the LCC archive was still trying to get their hands on them without success. After that I am afraid the trail goes cold.

Rgds
    John

Comment

There are known knowns.
      These are things we know that we know.
      There are known unknowns.
      That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.
      But there are also unknown unknowns.
      There are things we don't know we don't know.
      Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
        There are known knowns.
        These are things we know that we know.
        There are known unknowns.
        That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know.
        But there are also unknown unknowns.
        There are things we don't know we don't know.
        ...you missed out the "unknown known", which is what Joe-o Barnett-arnett didn't-idn't know-ow

Actually, there are "unknown knowns" - things that research has already found out/ruled out, but of which a given individual may not be aware.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

haha couldnt have put it more vaguely myself mike

john -

thanks for the helpful reply. one thing i would like to know also (i guess would be covered by known unknowns ), is that are there any pieces of first-hand evidence we know exist, but noone has had a chance to study since (such as the anonymously-returned bond post-mortem report into the millers court murder)?

joel
          if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Working...
          X