X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shawl is up for sale!

Hi,
    Has anyone seen this?

The 7ft-long silk garment was found on the body of the Ripper's fourth victim, Catherine Eddowes, in September 1888 - and it was used to identify the killer as Polish immigrant Aaron Kosminski.

Amand

The mind boggles,,
    Regards Richard,

Comment

I'm surprised it took this long, what was he doing with it for the past few months?
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

What a shock.

I hope if anyone buys it they have proper yests done and prove it all a load of croc then sue him.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

"We are no longer accepting comments on this article".

I wonder if that is in any way related to the amount of derision poured on the whole idea. It's rather sad that the Daily Mail swallowed all this supposed proof so unquestioningly. That said, they are in the business of selling newspapers, not detecting crime - as were their 19th century counterparts.
          I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Someone needs to call a constable and a don't mean p.c Amos
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

For 2.9 million pounds I would want something with stronger provenance than a family tradition linking a Met policeman to the site of a City of London murder.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                I'm surprised it took this long, what was he doing with it for the past few months?
                Perhaps refreshing the DNA?
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

For 2.9 million pounds I would want something with stronger provenance than a family tradition linking a Met policeman to the site of a City of London murder.

For 2.9 million pounds I would want a woman inside the shawl.

Comment

I'm sure some deluded person will be found who's willing to buy it. Edwards must be having a good laugh. I'm glad the Daily Fail is certain that the case is solved beyond doubt. That's a relief, then!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

For 2.9 million pounds I would want a woman inside the shawl.
                      And one a bit better put together than Kate.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

What???

This seems like such a massive fraud. Is the work Y haplogroup AND mtDNA? If she had this SHAWLGATE would she not have pawned it for doss? Did the killer hold it out as a gift? Whaaat? So someone with that alleged haplogroup had sex with the alleged mDNA. That proves what with no provenance. just a thought from the bayous.
                        From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
                        "One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."

Comment

Guys, if we all chip in we can buy the shawl to use as a table runner at future Ripper conferences.

I'll put in a dollar. Only $9 Million 499,999.00 to go.

Cheers,
                          Archaic

Comment

Working...
                          X