Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other theories than the usual ones

Uh..Hello

I am new here at Casebook (and maybe the youngest member? i don't know ) but i got one question which has been bugging me forever...Are there theories which were denied just for the fact that Jack the Ripper is/was believed to be a sexual killer? Unfortunatley i haven't found one of those thoeries yet so i would just like to know....

I'd be glad if one of you would answer here....
    Last edited by Yasmin B.; 06-05-2008, 09:08 PM. Reason: typing error

The Royal Conspiracy Theory has a non-sexual motive. Unfortunately it also has all sorts of silly and unlikely claims. However it probably the most popular theory among movie makers, so it is well known.

Joe Barnett was the common law husband of the last victim, Mary Kelly. Some theories have Mary Kelly being the real target of the murderer and the other murders just being distractions. I think that this happens more often in crime books than in real life.

Some people believe Liz Stride was not a victim of the real ripper, but was killed by someone she knew.

Finally, the murders did lead to some social reforms, and some people have suggested that this was the real motive all along.

Except for the suggestion that Liz Stride was not a real victim, these are unlikely reasons for someone to kill and mutilate five women.

Comment

Hi Yasmin,
      I got your messgae via youtube on my mcebe account.
      The Royal Conspiracy is one of the weirder theories and has been quite popular among the media, as it is quite scandleous.

There are a couple of books dealing with the core facts of the case which might be useful if your just starting out,
      Jack the Ripper A-Z
      Jack the Ripper Encyclopedia

Which are both imteresting and informative.
      Try and stay away from suspect driven books, as you will get in a rut. It is always better to consult the factual aspects before running off on theories.

Good luck with your project.

Regards Mike

Comment

Sure, Yasmin, there is another theory, syphllis.

Theory: Jack had it and took his revenge on prostitutes. In those cases where he mutilated the private parts of the victims, he was attacking the source of his anger.

Fact: The disease was rampant at that time and place.

Roy
        Sink the Bismark

Comment

Hi Jasmin call me an old cynic

But Jack was a seer of outstanding ability, he forsaw the invention of the computer, and also the World wide web, he realised that if he murdered and mutilated five women in 1888, then by 20008 he could reduce normal, level headed people, to argumentative hotheads.

He was funny like that

But seriously, it's a fascinating subject, the best whodunnit ever.

all the best

Observer

Comment

Working...
          X