Murder Scene Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder Scene Management

With recent news claiming that Jack the Ripper has been identified, via MtDNA evidence, as being Aaron Kosminski by Russell Edwards, I thought it beneficial to share with you all an extract from the 1889 Police Code, which outlines procedures in connection to suspicious deaths and murder. Something which I raise in my upcoming book, Capturing Jack the Ripper, see the link above.

The evidence was obtained from a shawl which was, according to family legend, obtained by Police Officer Amos Simpson at the Catherine Eddowes murder scene in Mitre Square, the night her body was discovered. Despite the fact that Simpson, a Met officer, is out of his jurisdiction by many miles, such an act openly flaunts the procedures below, and it is extremely difficult the accept that a senior officer, and a seasoned policeman, would condone and commit such an act which, ultimately, could jeopardise an investigation, and any future trial.

Monty
    Attached Files
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

thanks

Hello Neil. Thank you SO much for posting this. Flies in the face of all that Simpson nonsense.

Have the BBC been in contact with you? Hopefully, as this stuff gets out there, fewer and fewer people will be conned.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Hi Monty,

excellent post, thank you.
      Even some time after the murder one should wonder how something belonging to evidence would wind up to be a policeman's souvenir without anyone noticing or objecting.

Only slightly off-topic, am I very wrong or have I seen the shawl/tablerunner/sari/whatever before? A documentary, featuring the same thing, 'testing Kate Eddowes' shawl', and it looked exactly like this one - I can't for the life remember which documentary now. That'd have been years ago.

Comment

As it happens, yes Lynn.

Monty
        Monty

Comment

Hello Monty,

Thank you for this- needed- piece of sage fact.

Would you be so kind to confirm/deny my own estimation that it would take at least 35mins to walk from the outerrmost (and nearest to Mitre Square) point of N division from which Simpson must have traveled in order to reach Mitre Square? (as referred to in your own post-above)

Much appreciated

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

sanity

Hello Neil. Thanks.

Splendid. Brings some sanity to this debacle.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              Hello Monty,

Thank you for this- needed- piece of sage fact.

Would you be so kind to confirm/deny my own estimation that it would take at least 35mins to walk from the outerrmost (and nearest to Mitre Square) point of N division from which Simpson must have traveled in order to reach Mitre Square? (as referred to in your own post-above)

Much appreciated

Phil
              I think so, not sure exactly.

I think if Simpson was in Mitre Square, then he was on transfer.

However, there are many more issues.

Monty

Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                I think so, not sure exactly.

I think if Simpson was in Mitre Square, then he was on transfer.

However, there are many more issues.

Monty

Hello Monty, agreed, and understood... just wanted a time perspective thats all. I thought I got my sums right but needed your help to perhaps comfirm.

Thank you.

appreciated

Phil
                Last edited by Phil Carter; 09-09-2014, 10:41 AM.
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                Accountability? ....

Comment

Thanks Manty

Maybe even goes a step further when the author claims that a Senior Officer condoned it all by letting Simpson take "The Shawl" home to wifey?
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Well yeah.

If Simpson was acting Sergeant at the time, and he arrived prior to Collard, the he was the senior officer.

Yet Collard makes no mention of this, nor M'William.

Monty
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                      Well yeah.

If Simpson was acting Sergeant at the time, and he arrived prior to Collard, the he was the senior officer.

Yet Collard makes no mention of this, nor M'William.

Monty
                      Yeah but we all know that the police were totally incompetent at the time, they didn't even ask witnesses basic questions or make inquiries about witnesses.

Well if you believe what some people claim.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The Daily Mail article tells us Simpson obtained permission to take the cloth from his superiors.
                        A video provided in that article has Edwards telling us that Simpson accompanied the body to the mortuary (Golden Lane), and it was there where he obtained permission to take the cloth.

So what are we supposed to believe?
                        That there were Met officers at Golden Lane?
                        That there was a Met officer superior to Simpson (Act. Sergeant) who allowed him to take evidence away?

Whoever concocted this scenario is not only ignorant of police procedure, but also ignorant of the details of the case as has been handed down to us.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Just to be a bit naughty here!

But what if sgt Stephen Whites account of staking out Mitre Sq on that very night is correct, then it would seem there were quite a few old bill about that nighy

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                            The Daily Mail article tells us Simpson obtained permission to take the cloth from his superiors.
                            A video provided in that article has Edwards telling us that Simpson accompanied the body to the mortuary (Golden Lane), and it was there where he obtained permission to take the cloth.

So what are we supposed to believe?
                            That there were Met officers at Golden Lane?
                            That there was a Met officer superior to Simpson (Act. Sergeant) who allowed him to take evidence away?

Whoever concocted this scenario is not only ignorant of police procedure, but also ignorant of the details of the case as has been handed down to us.
                            G'day Jon

What about just plain, good old fashioned, ignorant?
                            G U T

Comment

In general I mean.
                              G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X