Things that go bump in the night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that go bump in the night

In the spirit of pure curiousity I ask...has there been any reports of supernatural occurences surrounding these terrible events? Apparitions of victims, of 'Jack' himself? Weird happenings at the murder scenes? Whether you have a genuine belief in the supernatural or just consider it folkloric superstition I would like to know. Any recommendations of articles, documentaries or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

Philip Hutchinson is the man in the know on Ripper related apparitions. If you look in the search bar for "Jack Ripper Ghosts" you will probably find a thread or two in "Pub Talk" on the subject.
    Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion Mike. I am only a new member to this site so pardon my ignorance but who is this Philip Hutchinson and where might I find him? I did check the 'Pub Talk' threads as you suggested but nothing really concrete there!

Cheers and beers

Comment

He uses the name George Hutchinson on the site, he is a member of the Ghostclub, Ripper Tourguide, co-author of "JTR's London then and Now" and a bloody nice bloke.

He gave a talk on ripper related ghosts at a Ripper conference, and has some notes on the subject.

I will get in touch and send him the link to this thread.
        Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks once again Mike, I look forward to hearing from him! I am seriously hoping to visit London next year and take the Ripper tour. Hopefully he may be the guide.

Comment

In the meantime here is a thread I put together on this site which looks at the investigations carried out into ripper ghosts.
            Regards Mike

Comment

Mary Jane Kelly's gost

There are some people who claimed to have Mary Jane Kelly's gost on tape Personally, i am 99.9% percent sure that they are just bluffing. one of the videos claiming this is :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbxOM...eature=related and the link to the person's channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/PRW1888

Paranormal activity could (and maybe should) happen in the murder sites since they were as far as i'm concerned pretty brutal (and painful for the victim while she was still alive).

Comment

I had to watch that video three times before I figured out what was happening.

At 0:55 there is a blurry figure of a reclining woman superimposed on "The Camden Town Murder/What Shall we Do for the Rent?" This painting does not represent Mary Kelly, or even Emily Dimmock (the Camden Town murder victim). Neither of these two women were found in that exact pose. The hair does not match, and the woman in the painting does not have her throat cut. The woman may (probably does) represent a generic prostitute who was been murdered--a sort of social comment on prostitutes and their situations.

It was supposedly filmed at the site of Catherine Eddowes murder, which doesn't fit at all. Eddowes was killed outdoors.

So the claim is that the ghost of Mary Kelly manifested at the sight of a different murder, and posed herself to match a painting by the person who killed her. Seems a very roundabout way of sending a message.

Comment

Working...
                X