Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, No Sorry! Ripper Street Cancelled Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, No Sorry! Ripper Street Cancelled Again!

Sorry!

on or off, wont be on BBC America for 2 years I bet (series 2 just started last week)

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I'm not holing my breath to get it here.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Just watched the 2nd series of Shakespeare does the East End .. AKA Ripper street. Growing up , in and around the East End , I couldn't get past the silly theatrical accents and phrasing's that the show tried to pass off as East End .. the whole series probably contained 4 or 5 realistic accents ..
        Too much " Where for art thou acquaintance " and not enough "Oi where's ya pal "

moonbegger

Comment

Hi MB,

That was the only thing that jarred with me - the faux oldy-worldy dialogue. It seems many people confuse late 19th century London with the dark ages. All four of my grandparents (yes, grandparents, not great grandparents) were growing up in 1888, and in 'posher' parts of London, and I'm quite sure none of them spoke like they do on Ripper Street.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I thought the fact that the Beeb were getting rid of BBC Three meant they could keep making dramas of the quality of Ripper Street?

Comment

Working...
            X