An Inconvenient Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Inconvenient Book

I am thinking of calling my upcoming York talk "An Inconvenient Book - Everything You Wanted to Know About the Diary Tests But Were Afraid to Ask".....but I am going to cheat and address some other things as well such as the Liverpool Library Miracle. (I would love to hear suggestions as to topics or questions Casebook members would like to see addressed.)

Opening sentences:

"There is no man alive today that knows the identity of the author of the Maybrick Diary. And by that statement I do not mean that Melvin Harris took the secret to his grave; far from it. I believe we have a better grip today on WHERE it came from, but the HOW and the WHY of its creation remain as much a mystery as the name of the Ripper himself."

I will also be showing about 50 high quality photographs of the document taken a few years ago. There's one or two up on the Facebook thread for the York Conference.
    Managing Editor
    Casebook Wiki

Originally posted by Sir Robert Anderson View Post
    "An Inconvenient Book - Everything You Wanted to Know About the Diary Tests But Were Afraid to Ask".....

"There is no man alive today that knows the identity of the author of the Maybrick Diary.
    Hello Robert,

I wish you all fortune and am sure the response will be positive in York. It certainly has been quite a subject over the years!.

Afraid to ask?...haha.. well.. try this one..

(You did invite it)

What if there IS a person, (or are persons), who (that) know(s), but dare not say the name. What then? How safe are they to tell if they wanted to?

Just a question!

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post

What if there IS a person, (or are persons), who (that) know(s), but dare not say the name. What then? How safe are they to tell if they wanted to?

Just a question!
      And questions are welcome as I said. This one is a little difficult to answer; it's like boxing with ghosts. I have not seen any credible statements over the years from anyone claiming such knowledge, and I can't realistically see any harm coming to them if they revealed it.

I am not trying to get lawyerly on you, but I am referring to who AUTHORED it - the actual person who put pen to paper. And dusted a little boneblack in the gutters....
      Managing Editor
      Casebook Wiki

Comment

Working...
      X