Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koz - No First Name in Marginalia

Hi, I’m a chaste newbie, so be nice!
    Just a thought, but with regards to the fact that Swanson didn’t provide Koz’s first name in his Marginalia…Perhaps he felt it unnecessary? In other words, perhaps Koz was such a well know suspect, and so well know to the police, that he deemed “Kosminski” to be sufficient? If indeed he was the “prime suspect”, this would seem logical. After all, when we talk about Elvis Presley, to sometimes simply say “Presley”, same with “Kennedy”, or “Lennon”? The first name can seem superfluous?
    Considering the swathes of paperwork including suspect dossiers that are missing/destroyed, it may not be implausible to consider that he was far more well known to the contemporary Peelers than he is to us?
    Just a thought….

Hi Carotid,

I guess it depends who he was writing for. If only for himself, he wouldn't have needed to include a forename, but if the information was only for himself, why write anything at all? Your point is an interesting one. Welcome to the boards!

Regards, Bridewell.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hi!

If Kosminski was Aaron Mordke Kozminski:

His brothers, a sister (and a providing friend?) were:

Isaac Abrahams (birth name Iciek Kozminski)
      Woolf Abrahams (birth name Wolek Kozminski)
      Matilda Lubnowski (later Lubnowski- Cohen/ Cohen, birth name Malke Kozminski)
      Jacob Cohen

and probably a man called Jacobs (the incident with the dog in December 1889). If Jacobs had not been an alter ego of Aaron Kosminski (see also serialkiller William Heirens and his Alter Ego George Murman).

(Aaron) Abrahams? (Aaron) Cohen? (Aaron) Lubnowski? (Aaron) Jacobs?

Aaron Kozminski in December 1889:

“I goes by the name of Abrahams sometimes because Kosmunski is hard to spell..."

Imagine, December 1888:

Aaron Kozminski

“I goes by the name of Abrahams/Lubnowski/Cohen/Jacobs sometimes because Kosminski is hard to spell"

What would you do now? I would mention t h i s suspect with his birth name "Kosminski". Because I would be doubtful if I could not understand this kind of backgrounds.

Imagine:

Anderson: What is his real name? Abrahams, Cohen, Jacobs, Kos…what? I don´t get it…
      Swanson: Kosminski! Sometimes "Abrahams" or "Cohen". Jacobs is his Alter Ego

I guess, the suspect´s name could not be cleared at all. Neither in Polish nor on English. Merely different designations and with certainty the birth name "Kosminski".

Comment

Originally posted by Carotid Capers View Post
        Just a thought, but with regards to the fact that Swanson didn’t provide Koz’s first name in his Marginalia…Perhaps he felt it unnecessary? In other words, perhaps Koz was such a well known suspect, and so well known to the police, that he deemed “Kosminski” to be sufficient? If indeed he was the “prime suspect”, this would seem logical.
        Hi CC and welcome

I prefer to think that whoever forged the bit about Kosminski in the Marginalia was simply depending on the Memorandum by Macnaghton which only surfaced in the 1960s and didn't give Kosminski a first name.
        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Joe Gargery, at the forge, with a . . .

Hello Stephen. Nix on the "f-word."

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
            Hello Stephen. Nix on the "f-word."
            Don't know what you mean there, Lynn.

A pun on the word 'forge' I suppose.

But Joe Gargery was a nice fictional chap.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by S.Brett View Post
              Hi!

If Kosminski was Aaron Mordke Kozminski:

His brothers, a sister (and a providing friend?) were:

Isaac Abrahams (birth name Iciek Kozminski)
              Woolf Abrahams (birth name Wolek Kozminski)
              Matilda Lubnowski (later Lubnowski- Cohen/ Cohen, birth name Malke Kozminski)
              Jacob Cohen

and probably a man called Jacobs (the incident with the dog in December 1889). If Jacobs had not been an alter ego of Aaron Kosminski (see also serialkiller William Heirens and his Alter Ego George Murman).

(Aaron) Abrahams? (Aaron) Cohen? (Aaron) Lubnowski? (Aaron) Jacobs?

Aaron Kozminski in December 1889:

“I goes by the name of Abrahams sometimes because Kosmunski is hard to spell..."

Imagine, December 1888:

Aaron Kozminski

“I goes by the name of Abrahams/Lubnowski/Cohen/Jacobs sometimes because Kosminski is hard to spell"

What would you do now? I would mention t h i s suspect with his birth name "Kosminski". Because I would be doubtful if I could not understand this kind of backgrounds.

Imagine:

Anderson: What is his real name? Abrahams, Cohen, Jacobs, Kos…what? I don´t get it…
              Swanson: Kosminski! Sometimes "Abrahams" or "Cohen". Jacobs is his Alter Ego

I guess, the suspect´s name could not be cleared at all. Neither in Polish nor on English. Merely different designations and with certainty the birth name "Kosminski".
              Or could it be the case that Macnagthen didnt know the christian name so whoever wrote the Marginalia couldnt possibly have known it either.

Just think a prime suspect identified as being JTR and no one knows who he was amazing ! add to that no one know the name of the prime witness who idetified hi, doubly amazing..

Its also amazing that some posters stlill believe in all of this old pony!

Comment

Cue the Sorcerers Apprentice and the Demon King...oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                  Hi CC and welcome

I prefer to think that whoever forged the bit about Kosminski in the Marginalia was simply depending on the Memorandum by Macnaghton which only surfaced in the 1960s and didn't give Kosminski a first name.
                  totally agree

Comment

The Marginalia

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                    Hi CC and welcome

That's a serious accusation.

Regards, Bridewell.
                    Last edited by Bridewell; 06-25-2012, 09:50 PM. Reason: bold type

Comment

totally agree
                      And so is that. Anyone care to bring any evidence to the table?

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                        And so is that. Anyone care to bring any evidence to the table?

Regards, Bridewell.
                        Its quite simple the marginalia has not been proved to have been conclusivly written by Swanson.

The marginlia has been in the past few years examined by document examiners who according to those in direct contact with the marginalia state that it is somewhere around 80% certain that swanson wrote it.

However these persons will not make public any of these reports.

Furthermore I have sent a copy of the marginalia to my own expert who is of the opinion that the writing is not that of Swansons. Bearing in mind the explanation given by the original examiners was that the samples of Swanons handwriting used for comparison purposes were dated 1888. and that due to the passage of time his handwritng may have detoriated.

My sample of swansons handwriting were much later 1894.

Nevil Swanson refuses to allow it to be examined by my expert or to allow tests to be carried out on the pencil annotations to try to establish the age of the graphite.

You only have to look at it in comparison with Andersons book and the ID parade
                        Right through from 1888 to 1910 Anderson is on record as saying they didnt have a clue, then he publishes a book with a brief mention of the ripper case. In that book no mention of the name of the suspect, no mention of the witness, such important things to exclude.

Then you have dear old Donald still chasing the ripper in 1891 and telling the press that the ripper was now dead. In 1895 they thought Grainger was the ripper.

Then the marginalia appear in later years with the name Kosminski included stil no full name of Kosminski and again no mention of the witnesses name.

I cannot say who did write part or all of the marginalia but as this time there is a doubt about it being written in totality by Donald Swanson.

You pays your money and you takes choice !

You need to read up on when and how the marginalia came to surface and what happened to it and who paid what money to have it published and who has been directly involved in it and perhaps who might have gained by writing it or doctoring it for that matter, if anyone ?
                        Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 06-25-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

the heat

Hello Stephen. Now, see what you've done!

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

religious preference

Hello Trevor. Did Kosminski HAVE a Christian name? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Trevor. Did Kosminski HAVE a Christian name? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                              LC
                              No i think his surname filtered through the police system and finished up on Macnagthens desk the report read as follows ;

"mad polish jew who threated his sister with a knife, could have been the ripper if he could have found enough food in the gutter to build his strength up to wield a knife, and he was able to kill on a day when he hadnt mastusrbated in the street which also left him weak"

He was later totall elimainetd when it was establsihed that the killer was right handed and Kosminski masturbated with his left hand !
                              Last edited by Trevor Marriott; 06-25-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X