Jacob Levy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacob Levy

Interesting post on the page below from descendant of a suspect. Look for post from "Olivia"

Sorry guys - forgot the link!
    I'll dig it out and post

Comment

Jacob Levy court case

Here is a link to the court case where Jacob Levy was sentenced to 12 months imprisonment for stealing 14 pounds of beef from another butcher. Interestingly he was given a good character reference by someone (unknown) but was still sentenced to 12 months nonetheless.

Jeff

Comment

Hello, I'm interested into this suspect.

Does anyone has more info about him? about his time at the asylum, some info about his family touched by syphilis and his possible conflicts with his community.

Also I'd like to know if jewish butchers are selling only Kocher meat or not?

It seemed that Jacob Levy needed a license from Jewish authority to run his butcher shop, did he recover it after being coming from Jail and the asylum?

thanks!

Comment

is Mark King reading this forum? can I contact him about Jacob Levy?

Comment

Hallo
            I am the great granddaughter of Jacob Levy and found your article of interest.
            If you are interested I have Jacob levys Birth Certificate and also his Marriage Certificate and also his Jewish marriage certificate.
            I would be interested to know where he is buried as that would enable me to trace my family tree further back in time.
            Diana

Comment

Originally posted by dianab View Post
              I am the great granddaughter of Jacob Levy and found your article of interest.
              If you are interested I have Jacob levys Birth Certificate and also his Marriage Certificate and also his Jewish marriage certificate.
              I would be interested to know where he is buried as that would enable me to trace my family tree further back in time.
              Thanks - I'm sure the details from those documents would be of interest to people if you'd like to post them here.

I checked the United Synagogue burial database (http://www.theus.org.uk/support_serv...burial_records) but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an entry for Jacob there.

Comment

It is a pity that we haven't got more details about this suspect apart from Mark King's article and the odd tid-bits we have on the forums.

Best regards,

Adam
                Best regards,
                Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Kosher butchers only sell kosher meat.

Comment

Except on every other Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Chava View Post
                      Kosher butchers only sell kosher meat.
                      It's good to trust butchers that much!
                      Years ago, a muslim called *** (no name! who knows?) collected money to build a mosq in my town.
                      After having collected that funds, he opened...several hallal meat shops!

Amitiés,
                      David

Comment

Did Jacob Levy own his own butcher shop or did he work in a butcher shop?
                        Best regards,
                        Adam

Comment

Paul Roland's book doesn't really provide much info about Levy
                          Best regards,
                          Adam

Comment

Diana- if you are still on the forum,I would love to hear from you..

Regards
                            David

Comment

Hi David

Diana- if you are still on the forum,I would love to hear from you..
                              It doesn't look like Diana has been on the boards (or at least with this account for quite a few year.

While I am not related I do have some information about the family, feel free to pm me if is is any basic questions you want answering.

Tracy
                              It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Working...
                              X