Epigenetic Explanation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epigenetic Explanation?

The whole SK phenomenon has defied explanation. What makes a psychopath? Both nurture and nature are inadequate to explain because siblings are so often normal or at least not as messed up as the subject.

Now comes the new science of epigenetics. The idea is that genes can be turned on or off by environmental influences. This can lead to disease and behavioral changes!

Eventually the whole thing may come down to something as mundane as what vegetables JtR's mom ate during her pregnancy.

For more info, see this link: http://www.ehponline.org/members/2006/114-3/focus.html

Very interesting article, thank you. A wee bit over my head and I lack the concentration to digest it as thoroughly as I should at the moment, so maybe I'll comment on it later.
    "The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice." - Quellcrist Falconer
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" - Johannes Clauberg

Comment

Nova Presentation

Hi again,

The Nova Presentation "Ghost in Your Genes" explains it much better. Click the link and then view the video. It is divided into four parts and the icons for the four parts are scattered around the page -- part one is on the left and parts two three and four are on the lower right.

It really is quite fascinating.

Comment

Working...
      X