Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global google Golly...

Hey all,

Don't know why I hadn't thought of this before but I just walked Whitechapel via google satellite maps. Remarkable. Since I've never been to London it was quite cool. I must say some of the canonical sites give you the feel more than others. Mitre Square and former Bucks row perhaps the best.

I feel like I've all but hoisted a pint in the Ten Bells! For the few that haven't walked these streets I highly recommend it. One can definitely get a feel for the distances involved and for the width of some of the thoroughfares.

I haven't yet found Dorset(Duval) Street, Swallow Gardens or George Yard Buildings. If someone could clue me in what some of these sites may currently be called and/or how to find them I'd be most grateful. I did see Pinchin Street. Any other relevant or interesting sites would also be great. I must say it's a good thing they don't tear down the Churches........these remain the cornerstones of our geography and connection to the past.......

Greg

Hi Greg

Do you mean that little yellow fellow? I can't manipulate him very well, and no wonder, since they force him to walk in the middle of the road. I think my yellow man has been knocked over several times.

I'm not sure if the cameras went down Duval St, as it's a private road.

Comment

Stiff yellow fellow...

Yes Robert that little yellow guy...........he's not all that agile but he gets around..............

Thanks for the Duval info..........I couldn't find that one..............

Think I'll now take a stroll down dodgy Hanbury St.

Greg

Comment

Working...
      X