Kudos to the Rippercast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to the Rippercast

Back when I had a Sony MP3 player, with a mere 8 gigs of memory, I downloaded a couple of these to my computer but never had a chance to listen to them. I never got around to putting them on the MP3 player because I was always worried about space, never got around to listening to them on my computer, etc.

Then I saw an iPod Classic with 160 gigs. 160 gigs?! Well I had to have it of course. Now I have room not only for the Rippercast but the Yours Truly Jack the Ripper episode from Thriller. Woohoo! And movies. Oh, and I've heard I can put music on it , but I get so involved with movies, TV shows, and Rippercasts that I have to remind myself to listen to the music.

I've been listening to Rippercast episodes before I go to sleep. My only problem is that sometimes I'm more tired than I realize, and by the time I wake up, three episodes have played.

The only other podcast I have listened to as often is the H. P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast (available from iTunes and from their web site --> http://hppodcraft.com/).

Thank you

Thank you Critteranne,

I do not believe that there will be another recording of Rippercast, at least not one hosted by Jonathan Menges (save for very special, on request circumstances).

Stephen Ryder is free to use the podcast feed for any other user-submitted content that might come his way, interviews or otherwise, as from day one Rippercast has encouraged open source content.

But as for myself organizing, recording, editing and uploading a show, those days are pretty much past, unless, as I said, some special issue comes along and I am solicited to moderate a discussion. I will take those requests into consideration.

All the best,

And thanks for listening!

Jonathan Menges

Comment

Hi Jon. I'm sorry to hear that; I was hoping you'd be doing more podcasts at some point in the future.

I want to thank you again for all your hard work in bringing us the Rippercasts. You've brought us all many hours of enjoyment and information.
      Even though I've listened to all of them, I always enjoy listening to them again.

Thanks and very best wishes,
      Archaic

Comment

Indeed, thanks very much, Jonathan. I've only heard about 70% of them, so I still have lots of good listening ahead. And, as Archaic says, the content is so rich that they all warrant multiple hearings.

Comment

Originally posted by Critteranne View Post
          The only other podcast I have listened to as often is the H. P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast (available from iTunes and from their web site --> http://hppodcraft.com/).
          OMG!!! there are Lovecraft podcasts????? aaaaah pleasure overload!!!! pleasure overload!

Comment

"Back when I had a Sony MP3 player, with a mere 8 gigs of memory, I downloaded a couple of these to my computer but never had a chance to listen to them. I never got around to putting them on the MP3 player because I was always worried about space, never got around to listening to them on my computer, etc."

My MP3 player is 2.3g.......I never have less than a dozen Rippercasts on at once.

Clearly the OP is not a "true" Rippercast fan as they prize music above this sublimest of aural tomes.

As a body of work Rippercast is the elite of Ripper media. I like nothing better than heading down to my local pub on a quiet thursday night to enjoy a few jars of real ale and an episode of Rippercast.

Although I should point out I rarely make it to the end of an episode.....for some strange reason about 45 minutes in I lose my concentration and give up and get an urge to challenge the quiz machine to a fight....or worst still the bandit.

I also like to listen to Ripca whilst picking mushrooms in the months of August through to October.

Have I shared too much?
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

I am really sorry to hear that Rippercast hosted my Mr. Menges is ending. It has been a very informative and captivating show. Thank you, Mr. Menges, and all who have participated.
              "Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Working...
              X