Unlikely Suspects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlikely Suspects

What suspects do you believe are the most unlikely to have been JTR? For me that would have to be a tie between Dr. William Gull & Albert Edward, Prince of Wales. I feel the good Dr was too old as well as not entirely healthy enough to commit the crimes, especially considering he had already had both a heart attack and a stroke prior to the time the crimes took place. Prince Eddy wasn't even in London at the time of the murders.

"29 August-7 September 1888: The Prince was staying with Viscount Downe at Danby Lodge, Grosmont, Yorkshire. (Nichols murdered 31 August.)

"7-10 September 1888: The Prince was at the Cavalry Barracks in York. (Chapman murdered 8 September.)

"27-30 September: The Prince was at Abergeldie, Scotland, where Queen Victoria recorded in her journal that he lunched with her on 30 September. (Stride and Eddowes murdered between 1.00 and 2.00 a.m., 30 September.)

"1 November: Arrived in London from York.

"2-12 November: The Prince was at Sandringham. (Kelly murdered 9 November)"

Hi Patutte, other suspects not in London at the time are Walter Sickert, Michael Ostrog, and Dr. Cream. I think it goes without saying that any 'suspect' not even in the city at the time of the murders must top any 'least likely' list.'

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      I think it goes without saying that any 'suspect' not even in the city at the time of the murders must top any 'least likely' list.'

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      Definitely goes without saying. However I must admit I was unaware of those other suspects you mentioned. I've read some on Sickert, but haven't read anything on those others. I didn't realize Sickert wasn't in London at the time of the killings. I wonder how Patricia Cornwell was able to even entertain the idea of him being JTR, considering he wasn't around the time of the killings. I've never really considered Sickert to be JTR, it seems more likely that he may have simply had a growing obsession with JTR, which was reflected in his art work.

Comment

i think the most unlikely suspects are indeed Dr Gull, the prince albert Edward, Sickert and also Lewis Caroll (this one makes absolutely no sense).

Comment

Yes, i think Watler Sickert was fascinated by the Ripper and that it' also why he wrote hoax letters. But if i remember well, he was in France when the murders were comitted.

Comment

Sickert, according to correspondence from the time, was in France when two of the murders were committed.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Yeah

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
              i think the most unlikely suspects are indeed Dr Gull, the prince albert Edward, Sickert and also Lewis Caroll (this one makes absolutely no sense).
              Almost forgot about Caroll, the whole idea that anagrams in Lewis Caroll books proves he was JTR is a bit convoluted. But I guess it's not too surprising the amount of crazy theories out there, considering how old the case is and the amount of interest in it.

Comment

I also don't believe that either Williams or Feigenbaum were likely to be the Ripper. To me, Levy, Harris and Lawrence did have the identity of the killer for sure.

Comment

Interesting

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
                  I also don't believe that either Williams or Feigenbaum were likely to be the Ripper. To me, Levy, Harris and Lawrence did have the identity of the killer for sure.
                  I think Carl Feigenbaum was a interesting suspect (not due to my belief in him being JTR) because of the whole idea of JTR having fled London for the US. I wonder if this suspect is what fueled those beliefs of JTR fleeing to the US?

Comment

yeaj but i think this suspect wasn't the only one fueling these theories i think other suspects also moved to the US later on, in the case of Feigenbaum, i think his lawyer just want to draw attention, he probably wanted a "sensational" case.

Comment

hmmm

That's probably what it is. However his lawyer did raise one good point. Lawton also pointed out that although Feigenbaum acted as if he were a penniless tramp he actually left money and property in his will and he paid $90 for his own funeral arrangements. I know it doesn't necessarily have any bearings on JTR, however you gotta wonder, if he did have money to leave behind, why did he pretend he didn't have money? and if he had property, why would he have needed to rent the room listed by Mrs. Hoffman? also, did they check Mrs. Hoffman's purse to see if anything was missing?

Just curious questions and thoughts. But back to the main topic at hand.

Just did some reading on Thomas Neill Cream. Was he suspected of being JTR just because his supposed last words were "I am Jack the.... If so that's a pretty flimsy reason to believe he was JTR. Or did it have something to do with his poisoning of his mistress's husband? kinda a interesting idea, "JTR kills man to have his wife to all himself".. YEAH, RIGHT.....

Comment

Yes, especially back then, 90 dollars was a lot. well Feigenbaum was a psycho and a killer that's for sure, just not the same one i think. Obviously same goes or the second one. I had never really stopped on the Cream theory since i didn't really think it was very founded, so i just learned something but yeah i doubt the ripper was a big romantic. i think i better snap out of it cause i gotta get up early. i feel like an albino bunny staring at the screen the whole day.

Comment

Working...
                        X