Dr Gull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Gull

Does anyone have a sample of Gulls handwriting and signature they could email me?

i wish. sorry i don't have that, although i know a hell a lot about the case and enquiries and so on, i'm still a novice concerning starting own researches. but i'm working on it.

Comment

Do brittish hospitals like Guy's keep their archives even over a 100 years later?? beside he was a quite important person, i'm sure there must be samples somewhere!

Comment

Gull Letter

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
        Does anyone have a sample of Gulls handwriting and signature they could email me?
        Bob, here's a scan of a Gull letter that I have in my collection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gull.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	661752
        SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

i don't think Dr Gull was the writter of the famous "dear boss" letter though, would a man with such an education make such terrible spelling mistakes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
            i don't think Dr Gull was the writter of the famous "dear boss" letter though, would a man with such an education make such terrible spelling mistakes?
            It may be inconceivable for someone with a education to submit a letter with obvious errors, such as spelling, grammatical, or punctuation. However it's not entirely inconceivable for one to purposely submit letters with mistakes. For that reason alone I find possible that he could have written said letter, but I do however find it unlikely that he did, as that letter in particular was probably one of the very few genuine letters sent by JTR. Honestly speaking I don't see Dr. Gull as even a possible suspect.

Comment

nah, i don't see it as a pôssibility either. yes, it would be convienient, just like for example, the way Polly Nichols was murdered showed clearly that the perp had anatomical knowledge, and in the following murders, it doesn't appear as clearly, like if the murderer had tried to cover his knowledge by making his work a bit more.... "piggish"

Comment

Originally posted by Sister Hyde View Post
                yes, it would be convienient, just like for example, the way Polly Nichols was murdered showed clearly that the perp had anatomical knowledge, and in the following murders, it doesn't appear as clearly, like if the murderer had tried to cover his knowledge by making his work a bit more.... "piggish"
                I never really considered that before. However I'm not sure if his "work" on later victims was an attempt to cover up his ability, rather then an attempt to finish in a timely manner to avoid detection, or possibly just a product of poor lighting conditions. More people were aware of him and as such were constantly on the look out for him. So it may have been advantageous of him to finish up quicker. But still, it isn't entirely impossible that he may well have been deliberately altering his cutting techniques in order to confuse police.

Comment

i think both can be possible, the fact that he was in a hurry can't help doing a clean job, the press actually released the information that the ripper was probably a man of anatomical knowledge after the first murder already, so maybe he also thought like "oops, better be more carefull next time".who knows, maybe a little role playing game will help me get another perspectiv, i've lived for years with a real psycho (not just like a crazy dude but one who was clinically aknoledged as such,so maybe i could use that experience.)

Comment

Many thanks for that Stewart. Isn't it amazing how a simple request like this brings out all the weird and wonderful suggestions that somehow Dr Gull wrote this letter or that letter!

Comment

Any Time

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                      Many thanks for that Stewart. Isn't it amazing how a simple request like this brings out all the weird and wonderful suggestions that somehow Dr Gull wrote this letter or that letter!
                      Any time Bob. Nothing amazes me on the boards these days.
                      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

Working...
                      X