Dumb Newbie Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Newbie Question...

So the Barlow and Whatt who tracked Jack the Ripper in a BBC Docu-drama I have never seen (and I cant find on DVD)... Were they the same Barlow and Whatt from Z-Cars? (And if they were, why did the series not end with Brian Blessed reprising his role as "Happy" to give old Jack a damned good wallop out of sight of the brass?)
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Hi Tom, not a dumb question at all... I may be wrong (being in the States I can only believe what I read for the most part when it come to British TV) but I do believe it is the same Barlow and Whatt... as for the DVD, well all I can say is that it was never released, but if you do a bit of searching (seriously just a bit) you can find copies for sale.. I found one after 2 minutes of looking, and it wasn't a bad price, now the quality is nothing to write home about. but from what i hear, all copies are that bad... good luck, and if you do find it, it is quite a bit of fun.

---Steadmund--
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Yeah, I tend not to bit-torrent or do anything that might be considered "iffy" with media, because I am some what pig-headed about copyright issues. It's nice to know the option is there though, so cheers for pointing it out. (And yeah, I know that makes me sound a bit erm straight laced and uptight, so sorry if it gives anyone the wrong idea).
      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

No I understand totally... I myself do not bit-torrent, don't trust it, but well, I did order a DVD (which the seller was claiming was public domain... now if thats true.. who knows)... I do know that every now and then it will pop up on YouTube... so if you keep an eye out for it you may catch it (it is quite long though.. so that wont be easy to do)
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Barlow & Watt CD

I have copies of this for £10 plus postage.

Comment

Working...
          X