lost london

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost london

Absolutely on my Christmas list is Lost London by Phillip Davies pub English Heritage. An archive of AMAZING photos of London buildings demolished between 1875 and 1945, many not well known. its £29 pounds £23 on Amazon, worth EVERY penny.
    Cheers Miss Marple

Thanks for that Miss Marple.

Just popped over to Amazon and ordered it for £18 with free postage.
    allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Miss

£18 is good! Amazon must have reduced it. Ordering it now Miss Marple

Comment

Originally posted by miss marple View Post
        £18 is good! Amazon must have reduced it. Ordering it now Miss Marple
        I was looking at it on Amazon a few weeks back. I went for the New Annoted dracular instead (the introduction of which has a thumbnail explanation of the Ripper murders suggesting they were connected to the Vampires activities in tone if not in fact, by the way). It did look a brilliant book, equally useful and beautiful.
        There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

It's a great book; well worth the money. I keep it by my bed--it's wonderful for browsing through and imagining, and extraordinarily evocative. If anyone's got a spare bit of cash, or a willing friend or relative, it's a great buy.
          best,

claire

Comment

Mine arrived from Amazon yesterday - amazing, really beautifully produced large heavy book - will take a while to digest this one!

Comment

Working...
            X