Mary Kelly...The Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Kelly...The Ripper?

In my novel, A Policeman's Lot I have suggested that Mary Kelly was in fact The Ripper and that the final accepted Ripper victim was not in fact Mary Kelly. I was wondering if this has ever been suggested before?

I remember an earlier variation similar to your work.

Most notably in fiction by Virginia Love Long in "What Diddles Saw." The excellent short story was published by Ripperologist magazine in their conference issue from 1998. Mary Kelly murders Jack the Ripper, and with the help of George Hutchinson dumps him in the Thames.

A couple of years later, Long would publish a chapbook of poems, short stories and the like, Hanging With Mary Jane, in which she reprinted the story. The book is scarce and highly collectible.

I am not an expert in Ripper fiction, so someone else may have read something more exactly along the lines of your story, and can add more to your query.

However, it has often been suggested that Mary Kelly was not the woman murdered at No. 13, Millers Court, Dorset Street on November 9, 1888. A theory that I do not personally subscribe to.

Cheers,

Robert

Comment

Thank you for the information - I will try and find out more about that particular story. The thing that struck me as I researched the book was that all this was indeed possible.

Comment

Twilight Zone

In the land of dreams may be. In real life no way.
        Elliott

Comment

I can think of a couple of novels in which MJK is an accomplice, but not one where she acts alone. You might well have a new idea there.

Comment

Working...
          X