It's so easy to weave a theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's so easy to weave a theory

Every sunday without fail my mother and myself 'ave a go' at the sunday express mag crossword,not usually completing it may add.
    Three weeks ago 3 vertical solutions together from the top fuelled my curiosity.These were next to each other exhibit,sickert,freemasons in that order,stood out like a sore thumb.
    Memories of Fairclough's crossword came flooding back and i began looking through for anything else.Sorry couldn't help it.
    I then saw _,_,Hopkins - Poet and Jesuit priest(1844-1889).
    Turned out to be Gerard Manley Hopkins
    Well I thought, poet(probably aquainted the usual conspiracy circle that we know so well),if there was a priest needed to conduct a secret wedding here's you man maybe,dies the year after the murders(Yet another member of the high end of society dying young),I wonder....
    So friday night curiosity got the better of me,and spent a few hours reading on line.
    After a while it occured to me that by leaving out a number of facts you could make as convincing a case as you could for Druitt,J K Steven,Tumblety and numerous others.
    Born in Stratford ,so he was an eastender(convenietly leaving out the fact his family moved to hampstead when he was eight)
    From 1885 he entered into a depressed state due to his unhappiness at living in Dublin and writes 'the terrible sonets.....written in blood'
    One poem 'the shepherd's brow,fronting forked lightning,owns' written 5 months after Millers Court and two months before his death is required reading,pay notice to the last 5 lines.

69. The shepherds brow, fronting forked lightning, owns THE SHEPHERD’S brow, fronting forked lightning, ownsThe horror and the havoc and the gloryOf it. Angels fall, they are towers, from heaven—a

Who would stop a priest?
    Would the victims have been afraid of a priest?
    The 'Sor' in the lusk letter is an irish link and shows whoever wrote the letter was trying to blame the irish
    Hopkins hated the ideals of the Fenians he had to work with at UCD and those he had to teach
    Does any of this mean he was Jack the Ripper.

Absolutely Not.
    I have omitted that he was vertically challenged (5'2")
    I have seen another poem that mentions Jack ,pre-dating the murders (So then you would have to prove he wrote Dear Boss)
    He lived in Dublin and a letter i've seen shows that he was in Dubin on 20th september.I know this doesn't make it impossible but extremely difficult.It would all depend on his lecture times and catching the irish mail train and ferry service via Holyhead which by that time was down to about 10 hours each way.
    His dying words were that he as so happy and he's loved his life.Somehow i can't envisage JTR coming out with that can you.
    This all just goes to show that if you pick and choose your evidence you can create what's never been there,far too many writers have been guilty of this in the past.
    You can lead a horse to water.....
Working...
X