Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR Motives List

Greetings all,

I have a copy of this list of potential JTR motives. Does anyone know who came up with it?

Jack the Bogeyman
    The Ripper really was a murderous monster, and took organs from the victims as trophies from the kill, for later consumption, or some use.

Jack the Wanker
    The Ripper was a sexual deviant and took organs from the victims as a necessary part of his sexual release and/or for use in later masturbation.

Jack the Madman
    The Ripper was criminally insane and the mutilations, like the murders, were simply the act of a madman predisposed toward extreme violence.

Jack the Mad Man
    The Ripper acted out of anger and/or hatred, and thus wished to inflict as much damage as possible on his victims. Since he could kill them only once, he did the next best thing by mutilating their corpses.

Jack the Tripper
    The Ripper was acting under the influence of drug and alcohol-induced psychosis and committed the mutilations either as part of a psychedelic experience or much as he would have if criminally insane or brain damaged in some form or fashion.

Jack the Bad Man
    The Ripper was purely evil and mutilated his victims simply because it was such a bad thing to do.

Jack the Jill-Hater
    The Ripper was a misogynist and tried to destroy the womanhood of the victims post-mortem via mutilation of their bodies and sexual organs.

Jack the Jolly Man
    The Ripper mutilated the bodies just as a lark. These acts may have been nothing more than attempts at mind games with Victorian society.

Jack the Human-being Stalker
    The Ripper was obsessed with prostitutes and mutilated them to gather organs as trophies of his kills.

Jack the Egotist
    The Ripper was a ¡¥publicity hound¡¦ who found his celebrity status to be intoxicating and thus took pains to ensure that the crime scenes would all be as spectacularly horrifying as he could manage under the circumstances, to gain better media coverage. What better way to do so than to eviscerate fallen women in public?

Jack the Thrill-seeker
    The Ripper performed the mutilations to add to the thrill and danger of the kill, and just because he could do so. This act would thus be a form of ¡§pushing the envelope¡¨ for the crimes.

Jack the Anarchist
    The brutality of the murders and the mutilations, and the public display of the victims may just have been a ¡¥social statement¡¦ for shock value, to create a series of tableaux horribile.

Jack the Godfather
    Mutilation would be an underlying purpose of the Ripper¡¦s murders, to act as a warning to unknown parties, and possibly to others of their kind . Mary Kelly would have been razored out of existence because she was killed indoors and thus provided him with hitherto unavailable time and opportunity.

Jack the Capitalist
    As we shall later see in the discussion of possible motives and reasons for the Whitechapel Murders, it may have been to Jack’s financial interest to make the murders as horrifying as possible.

Jack the Blind Man
    It may be that the Ripper mutilated his victims and took body organs just to confuse the issue for the police or implicate others such as the Masons.

Sincerely,

Mike
    The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
    http://www.michaelLhawley.com

What about Jack the assassin ?. I think that Sickert fathered that one.
    SCORPIO

Comment

suggestions

Hello Mike. Would you hate me forever if I suggested Jack the non-existent or Jack the media event?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

What about Jack the disillusioned member of society?
        Heard that one plenty of times before. Interesting list, though!

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Interesting additions (and no I'd never hate you Lynn ). I copy-pasted this list onto a Word document awhile ago, but I no longer remember where I got it.

Mike
          The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
          http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Jack the Godfather
            I send you a Hors hed
            Mishter Lusk
            Sink the Bismark

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
              I send you a Hors hed
              Mishter Lusk
              <Applause, laughter, standing ovation>
              That was excellent, Roy.

Comment

That was a good one Roy! well done! Is the satanist a version of holy man? Dave
                We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Hello Mike,

Jack the Egotist
                  The Ripper was a ¡¥publicity hound¡¦ who found his celebrity status to be intoxicating and thus took pains to ensure that the crime scenes would all be as spectacularly horrifying as he could manage under the circumstances, to gain better media coverage. What better way to do so than to eviscerate fallen women in public?
                  Sounds familiar???

Only half way true I believe

Yours truly
                  Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                  X