Please help me to locate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me to locate...

I have been trawling through the whole website for a few days now trying to locate some photographs which were posted of the interior of a property on Hanbury Street. I cant remember who posted them or where they are now that the site has been organised. Can anyone help ?

is this it?

We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

thanks for that however it is not actually the one i am thinking of. It was photograph of the inside of a property on Hanbury street which gave a real impression of the way they looked back then despite it being a more modern photo if i recall. Hope this helps !

Comment

Hi Jason

Your best bet is to PM the camera guys, people like Rob Clack, Philip Hutchinson, John Bennett, Monty.

Comment

Jason,

The image I think you are referring to is an inside shot of a neighbouring house (the number escapes me).

However there is a photo from the Whitby Green collection (Phil and Rob have a set) of the actual entrance. This was in the 60s. Its a very similar image to the other I mention.

Im at cricket now so cannot post the images, but will give Rob a text.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Hi,

Try this link - this might be what you were thinking of.

click here

Regards,

Mark

Comment

they are the ones !! thanks so much for that, those images were the first ones i saw that actually gave me that feeling of transportation in time to the lives of the people of Victorian London.

Comment

Working...
              X