Jack Name Checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Name Checks

How about a comprehensive list of all the time Jack the Ripper is mentioned in TV & Films (That are not about the subject itself).

I will start us off....

Steptoe and Son - 2 references

1) Albert switches the telly over to "Blood of the Ripper" in Episode "Divided we Stand".

2) Harold mentions, "They haven't got over Jack the Ripper Round here yet" (will have to check the episode)

Star Trek

3) "A Wolf in the Fold” - The crew encounter a "cloud" which amongst other things turns out to be JtR!

Family Guy

4) Family Guy Quagmire is Jack the Ripper in a past life. (gigidty). S07E16
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

He had a punch-up with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson in an episode of "Celebrity Deathmatch" (on MTV) I saw a while back.....

That'd be a tough list to compile, there's been countless mentions!

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

On an episode of "Two and a Half Men" a few years back, Alan was excusing something he'd done by saying he'd only done it a few times, and Charlie responded, "And Jack the Ripper only killed a few prostitutes but it was still wrong!"

Comment

Cheers guys.....and yes I know it could be a long list!

another one....

Only Fools and Horses

Del: "I will take them over (East London?) and show them where Jack the Ripper is buried?"

Rodney : "no one knows where jack the Ripper was buried!"

(Episode : Slow bus to Chingford)
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

The first episode of Hancock's Half Hour, broadcast on 2 November 1954, contained the following exchange when Tony and Bill were looking for Sid James' place of business:

BILL KERR: Well, this is the street.
          TONY HANCOCK: What, where Jack the Ripper worked?

Comment

Comment

In a CSI episode (Cannot remember its name though), one of the team made the comment 'Jack the Ripper was a surgeon.'

Comment

'Comes the Inquisitor', the penultimate episode of season two of Babylon 5, features Jack the Ripper as an agent of the Vorlons.
                " Queen Vic lured her victims into dark corners with offers of free fish and chips, washed down with White Satin." - forum user C4

Comment

didn't expect that

Hello Aelric. Which inquisitor would this be then? Cardinal Fang or Biggles?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Karl Pilkington mentions Jack the Ripper and "the
                    Elephant Man" in a recent episode of An Idiot Abroad.

And in a different medium, there is a one page article on JtR in the April edition of Metal Hammer magazine!

Comment

Working...
                    X