Is there a Map that......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Map that......

.....marks all of the JtR murder sites including any possible ones and also marks where suspects either lived , worked or were known to have been, on the same map? I'm especially interested in where Jacob Levy lived and worked, but am interested in all the suspects.Many thanks and many regards.

Hello Mycroft, there is something like that on the google earth II thread but Levy is not on it. Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

here are some of them...

including your boy. Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave and thanks very much. If those are the only suspects that have a known connection with the area, it makes me wonder why any of the others are suspects at all, as it seems obvious that JtR had an intimate knowledge of Whitechapel. By the way, I've been watching all your work on maps and although I don't always understand the purpose of it, I admire your determination with it and think that anything that adds knowledge, information or understanding to the case ,can only be good. Out of interest, who's your no.1 suspect and does all your map work have anything to do with trying to prove that your suspect, is the one? Sorry to be a pain, but you wouldn't have a link for the Google Earth map that you mention would you, as I don't really know where to look?Many thanks and many regards.

Comment

give me ta few days

Hello Mycroft, give a few days and I will have more of them plotted. I stopped being focussed on specific "suspects" when I realized the probabilities of mental illness and the size of the population in the area. Here is a thread that discusses those issues.

Discussion for general Whitechapel geography, mapping and routes the killer might have taken. Also the place for general census information and "what was it like in Whitechapel" discussions.

I will work on getting all the suspects together, the problem being some are so geographically different from the murder district that by the time one zooms out enough to show them, the markers cannot be seen. Here is Albert Victor's known locations for example, the tiny red dot above the "0" in saying "image copyright 2010 TerraMetrics" at the bottom of the capture is the murder district. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

here is what I have come up with

I hope this helps.Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dave-I like your maps too.I took a look the other day and chuckled over the one with the suspects all neatly arraigned---standing alongside their habitats! I used to love Colin"s 'cyber" -cartography too--"Septic Blue as he calls himself on the boards.He supports the same team as Andy,my hubbie, who also adores maps of all kinds!
              Colin seems to only post on How"s site now though-must take a look in - its a fascinating area of study.[copped sight of your little label for "Klosowski"--- We had some good chats over him way back !
              Cheers
              Norma
              Last edited by Natalie Severn; 07-23-2010, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Thank You Natalie, coming from you that means a great deal. Dave

Comment

Thanks for the down load Dave.Thats really tremendous work-seriously,
                  Cheers
                  Norma

Comment

Fabulous work Dave!

Dave,
                    My computer is still not working very well but I want to let you know I have now finished reading your work on the 1888 Postal Directory and the demography of the crimes and found it first rate and a superb contribution to the historical accuracy of Ripper research---one of the very best in fact that I have ever had the pleasure to read---so thankyou,
                    Best Wishes
                    Norma

Comment

Working...
                    X