hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello all

hello, my name is Lynn and i am new to casebook. i hope that soon i will find my place in the casebook family. i also hope that everybody had a wonderful 4th.

chromosomes

Hello Lynn. Welcome to the boards.

Since I share your first name, but finding my chromosomal structure to be XY, I was wondering about yours. There are those who regard the name as strictly female, being unaware of the older Scots usage for males, meaning something like a waterfall.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by LynnTammy View Post
      hello, my name is Lynn and i am new to casebook. i hope that soon i will find my place in the casebook family. i also hope that everybody had a wonderful 4th.
      Hello Lynn and welcome. I did have a wonderful 4th, thank you,. although I was in Norfolk, England having dinner with my husband, my brother-in-law and his wife rather than celebrating Independence Day. I hope you had a good day?

Julie

Comment

although i am female i have heard of males with the same name though sometimes spelled slightly different. if you would rather you can call me TJ or Taylor which alot of my pals do. ^.^

Comment

i am happy to hear you had a good 4th. what better way to spend it than with family and friends ^.^ . my 4th was fun i spent it with my husband's family and our daughter. she fully enjoyed the light display and that was more than enough to make my day wonderful.

Comment

thanks

Hello Lynn. Thanks for clarifying.

By the way, those 2 marks at the end look like Kate Eddowes' facial wounds.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

lol yeah i see what you mean. though it was meant as a happy face lol. it does look like the marks on the cheeks. if you believe in the jtr diary then together they are suppose to be an M

toodles
              Lynn

Comment

nosy

Hello Lynn. Indeed. But for those who reject the diary, it means her assailant made a rum job of his first attempt to cut off her nose.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

very true. i have also read that it was the ripper trying to make the woman look as though she had an STD that causes you to have facial deformity

Comment

Originally posted by LynnTammy View Post
                    if you believe in the jtr diary then together they are suppose to be an M
                    Really, Lynn? There is nothing in the 'diary' about carving an M or anything else into Kate's cheeks. All it says is 'left my mark' [singular]. No reference to what mark or where, nor to any initials.

Leaving one's mark typically means making an impression, as in making it clear that this was another example of his work.

In that sense, the real killer left 'ripper victim' all over her. But the facial cuts were in fact a departure from previous trademarks. And he wasn't giving away any clues about his actual identity.

How people choose to interpret those three little words is another matter entirely. The 'diary' believers used to come up with some very strange interpretations, but even stranger has been the tendency for non-believers to repeat them without checking the document itself.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    Last edited by caz; 07-08-2010, 03:43 PM.
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                    X