Can Anyone Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anyone Help?

This is a stained glass window installed in 1888. There is obviously a lot going on here. Can anyone help decipher?

Originally posted by silverstealth View Post
    [CENTER]This is a stained glass window installed in 1888. There is obviously a lot going on here. Can anyone help decipher?
    Hi Silverstealth,

Wish that I could help you more on this one, but sadly, other than knowing where the window is (or at least was as I haven't seen it "in the flesh", as it were, since late 2001) I cannot. Hope that it has survived all the vandalism etc. that has gone on since the old place closed down, the Admin Block/Clock Tower were a real work of art and should never have been allowed to fall into such an advanced state of decay, very sad, imho.

Best wishes,

Zodiac.

P.S. I think that we can assume that the Rose on the window is the White Rose? Beyond that I really don't know, sorry.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Hello you all!

Well, I hope, that the freemasons on these forums can tell, whether it belongs to their collections or not!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
      X