Wierd anagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd anagram

Hi everyone, my first post on Casebook. Love listening to the Podcasts, enjoying them very much,this is a very informative site, and I find the wealth of information here truly amazing. Keep going everyone, great stuff.

I was thinking about the graffiti the other night and what it could possibly mean and it occured to me it could be an anagram. I put it into various anagram makers and got a load of babble. I stuck at it and noted down some of the more curious words that were being offered. I was a little taken aback to find a book of the bible listed. I persevered and eventually came up with this sentence....

Now dont laugh Y'all...

hunt bldg two lh between the lamentations of jeremiah

Now LOLOL I know i could have very well got something like "Margaret Thatcher liked prunes in a morning" aswell.. but doesnt this strike you as a little wierd... hunt building two LH..Could that refer to the London Hospital, at the time of the murders there were 2 buildings in the grounds were there not? The second of the two being the medical college. Hasnt it been said Jack could have been a student? Would there have been a bible in the hospital somewhere where Jack could have left a note or even penned his name???

The bible verse seems to be a particularly wierd one too, as it contains five poems..(one for each victim perhaps) and refers to all things to do with anger,suffering sin, the downfall of jerusalem,etc, which is pretty grim reading, eg “Speak, ‘Thus says the Lord, “The corpses of men will fall like dung on the open field, And like the sheaf after the reaper, but no one will gather them”

Forward319 This lesson is the second of three that highlight the Books of Jeremiah and Lamentations. The order of the lessons is chronological and thematic. The first covered Jeremiah’s word about the coming judgment of the Lord against Judah and Jerusalem. This second lesson covers the fall of Jerusalem and the Book of Lamentations.

Im not saying this is an explanation, or anything like one, I just was rather entertained by this stab in the dark..oh and look how close the LH is to the murders...mmmmnn.. I shall leave this one with you all.. Gosh can you imagine if it was spot on though, the odds on that would be akin to winning the lottery!!!
    Cheers!

Oh and PS..no pun intended by the "stab in the dark"!! LOL..Just realised Id said that!!

Comment

Anagram.

This has been suggested before in The Ripper and the Royals I believe. The only problem with that is the killer would have to hang about constructing an anagram.

Mind you I'm still waiting for some old coppers notebook to come to light in someones attic with the notation "Caught Fred Smith chalking on the walls again clipped his ear and sent him home". Don't laugh nothing would surprise me.

Comment

Hi All,

The GSG anagram's a dead duck.

John Wilding, in his 2006 book "JtR: Revealed & Revisited", suggested that the deconstructed anagram read—"F. G. Abberline. Now hate M. J. Druitt. He sent the woman to hell."

It's about as likely as anything else.

Regards.

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Hi All,

The GSG anagram's a dead duck.

John Wilding, in his 2006 book "JtR: Revealed & Revisited", suggested that the deconstructed anagram read—"F. G. Abberline. Now hate M. J. Druitt. He sent the woman to hell."

It's about as likely as anything else.

Regards.

Simon
          John J Eddleston noted that it was also an anagram of "Abberline: Note the fellow M J Druitt then hogwash meant"!

Comment

Hi roughyed
            This anagram thing has being going on since Adam (That's ADAM not our Adams!!!) was a lad...the possibilities are endless and on occasion very entertaining!!!...but sadly I fear not relevant to the graffiti....always assuming the graffiti was relevant in the first place
            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

"The only problem with that is the killer would have to hang about constructing an anagram."

Not necessarily Bob, could have been constructed prior, even written prior, easily enough sentence to remember.

I do understand you can come up with some good anagrams, just thought it was worth mentioning as its one of the more intriguing ones.

Was there accomodation for students at the hospital or did they have to find digs, does anyone know?

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by roughyed View Post
                "The only problem with that is the killer would have to hang about constructing an anagram."

Not necessarily Bob, could have been constructed prior, even written prior, easily enough sentence to remember.
                Not so sure if it was that easy to remember. Apparently at least two police officers copied it down and loads of others saw it and we still are not absolutely sure what was written.

Comment

I have absolutely no hesitation in stating categorically that ANY solution that involves anagrams is a load of coswallop. Anyone promoting or proposing such a solution should be institutionalised immediately.

P.S. This post is NOT an anagram.

Phil

Comment

Then why did you omit the 'd' from 'codswallop,' Phil? Was it so that the anagram would work?

Comment

If there was any comedy justice in the world, we will one day discover that all the time the Police were (rightly) worrying about an antisemitic riot breaking out and a Pogrom in the east end, they missed the chalked message on the other side of the archway that said:
                      "Dear Sirs, terrible mess, think I did it agaion. Please apprahend me at number 42 Railway Cuttings," signed by the murderer.

Or at the very least "Kilroy woz ere" and "Wat no royal conspiracy?"
                      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

I have already noted that "wierd anagram" is an anagram of "weird anagram."
                        That's very suggestive.

I do hope that the Ripper wasn't a neighbour of Tony Hancock. Stone me!

Comment

Then why did you omit the 'd' from 'codswallop,' Phil? Was it so that the anagram would work?

I propose to remain enigmatic on the point as well as illiretate.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                          X